73. Return (Teaser Release)+ Imp A/N

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

The woman looked at the Queen, the wife of her Son, she could see his Son's wife's beauty, despite the veil to cover her face, "You are perfect for him," The woman said, smiling, as Apsara confusedly looked at her.

"I am sorry, I don't get what you're saying," Apsara said politely.

"My Son has chosen the most perfect and beautiful lady as his wife," She touched the Queen's hands.

"Ma'am, your Son?" Apsara asked, as she eyed the woman dubiously.

"King Zayn Malik Abdul Shah, son of the former King Abdul Shah and Queen Yasmin," She smiled.

"You don't mean to say that-"

"I have returned, dear,"

.......

*Please read the Author's note after the completion of this chapter*

Apsara stood in shock, meeting the tender gaze of the former Queen, who smiled warmly. Yasmin's eyes watered upon looking at her son's wife. Apsara bent to touch her Mother-in-law's feet.

"You have finally returned," Apsara addressed her arrival.

"I have, and I have been waiting for this moment, where is King Zayn?" Yasmin asked, hiding the strands of grey behind her loose scarf.

"I will fetch him, may I ask you something?" Apsara asked, with tear-filled eyes.

"Yes, you may, dear.." 

"Can I address you as my mother?" Apsara asked.

Yasmin's heart swelled up, in joy and happiness. The emptiness that she'd felt whilst living alone in various places, with no one to care for, was filled by Apsara's kindness. In a way, Yasmin felt as attached to her as she would be, to Zayn.

"Of course," Yasmin smiled.

"Please be seated here, Mother, he will come here shortly," She said.

A pang of realisation hit Apsara like a wave as she walked towards King Zayn's office.

 She remembered Zayn who'd said that he would never accept his Mother, even if she would return back. A rush of adrenaline slowed down her steps, which decelerated due to fear, fear of what Zayn would say, fear of watching a moment of reunion being destroyed.

......

Apsara stood at the door of the private office, as Zayn looked at her in awe. "Why have you come here without guards?" Zayn asked her, vexed.

"King Zayn, I used to approach you without any people to guard me, that is what I am accustomed to," Apsara spoke as softly as she could, smiling to hide her inhibitions.

"You used to, because back then, you were just a courtesan, and now you are the Queen of Lahore," Zayn reminded her, standing up from his chair.

"I will make sure this will never happen again," Apsara apologised.

"But there is something important that I'd wanted to notify you about," Apsara added.

"Please do come inside, Apsara, you're not a guard to stand away from me," Zayn chuckled, as Apsara nervously walked into the room.

Zayn walked towards her, folding his arms over his chest, "Now, what is it that you'd wanted to tell me," He asked, smirking.

"Um, well, y-your," She searched for words, looking at the ground.

"My? My what Apsara?" Zayn asked.