49. Power +Challenge

Previously on The Divine Beauty- Apsara...

"It's not that you don't have the time, it's just that you have power in your hands... I had just come here to ask you for helping my family who has nothing to rely or eat now,"

"Oh, don't you worry... soon they won't be having anything to live on.."

"What!?"

"We've got the rights to your property..."

"You! Why are you doing this to us? You weren't like this, Suraj!" She said, weeping.

"I know I wasn't, I was waiting for the right time.." He said closing the door.

......

Power. A simple, light, five- lettered word, which seems insignificant to many who haven't got the taste of it. It ruins you, it makes you better, it will spoil you, or it even may destroy you... But it's a fact that it's a relative matter as people perceive and experience power in different ways.

Men were created to be power-loving beasts... from the time of birth, they desire to have a place in the family, among his peers, and ultimately, in the society.

Some people want to have power over someone, or a group of people, some people want power over money, like Suraj...

But what they fail to realise is that the ultimate power rests with Him. The Sun radiates it's magnificent rays, because of Him, the crops in farmers' field grow, because of His power, and lastly, the eyes of the farmer that shed tears with happiness with the yield in his hands, is all because of His power.

But being the foolish beast man is, he perceives the world to be his, uncontrollable by anyone other than him.

Indeed power is an ugly thing...

Suraj's sudden change of attitude was another reason which proved this to Apsara. She was dumb- struck at how he had changed as soon as he'd known that he would be the next heir to throne, only if his father died.

She'd thought the fact that Suraj had bought their house would just be a false news. But as Apsara heard it from Suraj's mouth, she understood that her family would no longer have a house to live in.

She had to go back to her home, convince her mother and Parineeti.. get to know why Parineeti was playing a game with her, and clear all her misinterpretations about her relationship with the King of Lahore.

I also want to meet King Pritvi Gupta, she thought. Even he may have thought of her as a horrible human being, and she also wanted to tell him that their marriage wasn't going to work out.

She requested the carriage- carrier to take her to the palace for she had to meet King Pritvi, the sooner the better.