28. Struggle

-"Allah!"

His eyes widened, looking at the fierce creature, with it's fangs, sharp as a needle, shown. If Zayn was true to himself, he was very afraid...  but he managed to wear a scowl, thinking that it would lessen the reptile's anger...

It's beady eyes, filled with malice, it's scaled body, which was black as ebony... the way it's head was up, eyeing the King with courage that no one had.. The King almost shivered, afraid to even move the sheet...

It's stare was deadly, it's desire was to do evil, Zayn was well aware of that, he knew that nothing good could come out of a snake. His mind could not reach to a conclusion on how to deal with this sacred, yet evil creature...

According to what his ancestors had told, that the creature, which majestically glaring at the King, was infact a King Cobra, one of the most fatal snakes known at the time..and another fact that they told Zayn was that the best method to provoke a snake to kill one, was to make a sound... and the Monarch's ragged breaths was actually exacerbating everything...

His chances of survival was as thin as a thread, he knew he'd be known as the King who wasn't brave enough to kill a snake, unlike his ancestors whose history bragged about their bravery.

His mind called for God's help for the first time... a man would beg for His help only during trouble, but for the first time his pleadings worked as the crawling soul, moved away from his limbs, that were struggling not to quiver.

He slightly sighed in relief, but being the great grandson of King Babur, who was an opportunist, he rose from the bed, in a very steady manner, caring not to disturb the serpent.

He eyed for a weapon with which he could finish his worst fear once and for all, his scanning eyes caught the attention of small dagger that lied on his bedside table. He gripped the sharp object in his hand, observing the blade of the dirk, which gleamed even under the vague light of the lantern.

The snake's tail could only be seen, which was left uncovered by the King's sheets. He was afraid to catch it's cold body. He saw it's slender frame, moving inside the sheets going cluelessly inside the silk...

Before it could completely disppear off into the darkness of the covering...he caught its tail in place, pressing it hardly on to the chaise...

It was the most stupid thing to do. The snake moved helplessly.. the King just needed a moment to die if the snake would involuntarily prick him. He was pointlessly fighting with his fate, inspite of knowing that he would die...

The King and the reptile had to do whatever it could, to live... here all that mattered was the survival of the fittest. And Zayn was clearly losing...

The snake aimlessly moved towards his arm, to bite the first thing that he felt was warm human flesh...

But this time, the Human survived....

.....

"How could you do this to me, Jamila?" Apsara, cried with her head buried in her palms, then looking at the guilt struck woman that stood in front of her.

"I had to say that, Apsara...I had no other option to choose..." Jamila replied back.

"And me? Did ever think about me before saying that? I thought that I could trust you, but you chose to be on the King's side.." 

"I never spoke on  the King's side, Apsara, don't fabricate things,"She pleaded.

"Please..just leave... leave me alone.."

"But-"

"Please... I need some time for myself.." She  muttered and Jamila nodded and left.

____

Okay let me start off by giving a list of excuses for this short update-

1. I am hungry...

2. The Doritos I'm having (healthy option, I know) is not making my mind work..

3. The cheesy smell of the crisps, is to die for

4. I did this chapter to finish off the suspense

5. I have a phobia of snakes, so I couldn't elaborate everything what the snake did...

6. There'll be another update tomorrow.. happy now?

So how was this chapter? Comment below and let me know :D

xoxo

sweetdreams199

*excuse the typos*