Chapter 7: Mateo

"You thought I would leave you hanging?" I asked smirking at him and sat beside him.

"I didn't think you would do that." He chuckled and laid his head on my shoulder. He grabbed my hand and started tracing circles similar to what he does with Grace.

"We'll get her back." I whispered he lifted his head and I turned meeting his gaze.

"We have to." He spoke.

I pulled my boxers on, and he grabbed a pair and slid into them. I laid down on my pillow and he joined me, letting me hold his hand. We were staring at the ceiling, and he slid closer and rested his head on my chest.

"I never saw me and you going this way." He whispered. I tightened my hold on his hand.

"Me either, can't say I regret it though." I answered. I relaxed once again, thinking of how this started. It started back before Nick... in our playroom/game room I was just acting in the moment and found myself enjoying it. "I like how you submit to me." I pointed out.

"I like that I can." He said turning his head looking up at me. He rose up and looked at me pulling his hand away standing. "I can leave." He said suddenly and I sat up shaking my head.

"Fuck no, get back here." I ordered reaching for him, he smiled and laid back down beside me.

"I was just teasing." He said smirking and I grabbed my pillow hitting him before shoving it behind my head laying back down.

"We can check on Grace in a couple hours I will set my alarm for dawn." I offered, I turned over setting it on my phone for the appropriate time and turned back over. "Just in case we fall asleep." I pointed out he was looking at me like I had a third eye but then he relaxed and nodded.

"What do you think she sees in..."

"JJ?" I finished for him.

"Yeah him." He answered.

"I'm not sure but it's clear they are bonding. If she wants to bring him here, he's coming here." I said shrugging.

"Agreed, he reminds me of you..." he trailed once again. "I wonder if she sees the same." He said smiling.

"Hey bitches!" I heard a voice behind the door.

"It's open!" Nate said and she walked in and grinned at our appearance.

"It smells like sex; I wish I could ask for details but come here." She said walking out without sparing us another glance. We met each other's gaze and smirked, shook our heads and followed her after pulling on pants. "I'm waiting." She singed standing in the hall.

"We are here." Nate said walking out me behind him.

"Okay so this guy I have been trying to place him he isn't only familiar to Grace he's familiar to me as well." She chimed on, walking us back to the kitchen meeting the tech once again.

"Watch this." The guy spoke pushing a button. We heard Grace's voice.

"Who are you you're familiar?" She asked and she looked at him confusion in her gaze. He smiled at her, and shrugged.

"I guess I have a forgettable face." He spoke.

"No, come on. Give me this." She asked and I could see frustration in her eyes. He leaned in grabbing her head when she pulled away and it was just hushed voices. As he talked her eyes went wide and she started shaking her head as he pulled away.

"My mother, no way!" She said shaking her head violently.

"I'll give you time." He spoke to her and walked out of the room.

"What is that supposed to tell us?" Nate asked when the tech stopped the footage.

"This happened just a few minutes ago, I pulled the sound out, amplified it and got this." He explained pulling up and pushed another button.

"Come on. Give me this." I heard Grace's voice.

"Dear old mum, had an affair a couple years before you were born. My dad says her husband wouldn't give her any, she went looking and made me. Your dad found out and made her give up the baby giving me to my dear old dad and we were not allowed to acknowledge each other growing up. I was not supposed to tell you this, little sis." He said and the record stopped. Once I could pick my mouth up off the floor I spoke.

"What the fuck?" I gaped. Taylor shrugged this bewildered look on her face and gestured to the tech again.

"I think Drew was a fake name couldn't find anyone that went to their high school surrounding her, and no others either. Which is weird because Drew is pretty common." He shook his sighing. "Anyway, I pulled up his picture from the footage and put it into facial software and regressed his age." He gestured to the computer clicking again and it showed a cartoon, aging backwards. It ended up with him the same haircut much more of a baby face.

"I remember this guy." Taylor said pointing to the computer. "I used to see him in the hallway looking at Grace with these longing looks. Me and Grace just thought he was a creep. I don't remember how young we were." She said her hand trembling.

"I pulled up the yearbooks from the five years before Grace graduated and I put in this facial structure and I haven't got a hit, yet." He explained.

"Ok so we got something." Nate finally spoke shuffling from foot to foot and sat beside the tech. I walked over to Taylor and hugged her.

"I don't know what you are going through right now." I started and I felt her trembling slowly wrapping her arms around me.

"Hell." She said simply.

"Us too." I said and she looked at me with such confidence in her gaze.

"We'll get her back." She said nodding and for the first time today I felt the same.