Chapter 81: Mateo

I jolted awake and when I looked down Grace was still in my arms asleep Nate was sitting up. I focused and I heard Luca's cries from the monitor beside Nate. He got up, pulled on some pants, I took time to admire him his abs, his hair that felt some damn good when my fingers went through, he looked up making eye contact with me. I think I saw a hint of a smirk but I'm not sure because it's dark, he walked out of the room, closing the door gently behind him, I heard Luca's monitor his cries coming through his sobs.

"Shhh. It's okay, you're okay big guy." I heard Nate's voice come through talking to Luca. When we first got home with Grace, she never wanted to leave even slept in the rocking chair in his room. Me and Nate both had to threaten to tie her to the damn bed to get her to sleep with us again. "You other daddy is a big idiot." He cooed and I smirked.

"He thinks, it's okay to hurt me like this, it feels like I'm slowly dying but when I look at you, you take it all away." He whispered and my face fell.

I don't want to do this to them, how else can we do this? I looked down at Grace, the fear she must have felt, the pain she must have gone through. I can't look at Nate go through that, and who knows maybe I will come away completely unhurt. They are only going to have the time from when they grab me, to when this Hex gets called or either shows up. I have a feeling he will get there in record time if they can get in touch with like they say they can. The Serpents said that you can get in touch with Hex through some of his known men and something tells me they will use the sheriff but maybe that is my wishful thinking. I must have got lost in my thought because the next thing I heard was the door opening.

"Why can't you let me do this?" Nate whispered walking to my side of the bed. I slowly let go off Grace and turned over facing him, Grace turned over laying on her back. She could probably sleep through a hurricane. I sat up my legs dangling on the side of the bed.

"Do you think it would be any easier for me to watch you grow through it?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Mateo, I love you, and no I don't think it would be easier but why you?" He reached out grabbing my hand. "I feel like I just got you, we just got Grace back and now..." He trailed off and I saw a tear go down his cheek.

"Listen, I will be okay, from the way the Serpents talked they won't have much time to do anything to me." I stood up standing in front of him. I really don't care that I am standing naked in front of him I need to do this.

"I can't think with your dick out." He sighed and I smirked, I pulled some boxers out of the nightstand I put there in case JJ or someone walks in when I'm sleeping and slid them on.

"Nate, I can't go through this with you thinking I am going to die." I reached up running my hand through his hair while he let me running my fingers through his soft hair.

"It feels like you are going to." He whispered and I kissed him slowly and I felt that fire in my chest, that I needed to feel right now. I pulled away making him gasp.

"You will be in the funhouse with Grace hiding with some of the Serpents. I will be okay, they told me that they were confident I would make it out, and that they would try everything to make sure I would." I said and he nodded.

"If you get hurt, or die on me I will kill you." Nate spoke furiously and I smirked at him.

"Nice to know we feel the same way." I heard a voice chime and I looked seeing Grace sitting up watching us. Her arms were crossed over her knees that were bent. She crawled to the edge of the bed standing up beside me. "I love you both, and I know I went through a lot but I saw how much it absolutely killed the both of you, if you so much as get out of there with a stab, I will burn the earth to kill the person who did it." She seethed looking at me.