Chapter 71: Grace

I don't know why but when I heard that Jake still remembers me my stomach coiled up anxiety hitting my every feature. I used to talk to him all the time and hang out with him on the weekends when him and his dad came over, he would hang out with me on his break but as soon as he saw his dad pick up a tool he was gone. I never minded no one around here paid attention to me so having him around was like having a brother.

"Who is Jake?" Sike asked still standing as I stared at the floor. I slowly turned to her hyper aware they all saw my reaction to that.

"The one and only other person besides Nellie who ever gave a shit." I muttered and she nodded before brushing past me walking out. I turned seeing Nate and Mateo looking at me concern in their gazes.

"What is it?" Mateo asked and I looked up at him.

"He was my brother." I rasped out and they both looked at me their mouths open confused. "Even before Trent it was him." I smiled. "At first he never wanted me around but I just wanted someone to play with, he slowly let me hang out with him, we had so much in common, we used to hang out in my tree reading books in silence." I whispered remembering the way he used to sing silently while he read. I chuckled remembering the few times I sung along with him catching him off guard.

"He was your brother." They both nodded understanding and I nodded.

"I never thought he would remember me." I whispered. "No one really liked hanging out with him but I grew up with him coming over his dad fixing the yard so I never thought any different of him." I explained. "Damn, this really feels like a bittersweet family reunion." I muttered and the both chuckled. I told them about these people but not much because it was too hard knowing I left the two of them without a goodbye.

I walked out switching between holding Luca and spending time with JJ, and I realized it had been two hours. Sike would come in asking me about the fun house and Taylor was drawing pictures as best she could over in the corner. They were trying to make plans, I walked over with Luca, sitting beside Nate who had been watching me along with Mateo play with them.

"You are good with them." He spoke and I handed him Luca.

"If I'm not mistaken, Jake is out there." I whispered, and I waved at Taylor she walked over, as I stood up. "Do you want to see Jake?" I asked and she shook her head.

"You two see each other first then try to bring him in here, I know he doesn't like touching but seeing you might relax him a bit to JJ and the Boy Toys." She shrugged and I nodded.

"I can take Luca and let him lay down he has had a very long day." Nate spoke and although he couldn't really play, I have been talking to him along with Nellie along morning and he hasn't fell asleep.

I walked to the front door Mateo walking behind me away from prying eyes before he pinned me to the wall kissing me with a hand on my throat. He started grinding his cock into me making me moan, I opened my eyes as he pulled away meeting his gaze.

"You better be prepared to take my cock the next time you're alone." He spoke and I nodded blushing up at him. He lowered rubbing my clit and I bit my lip. I kissed him pulling away. He let go stepping away. "Good Girl." He spoke and I loved this side of him when it came out.

I opened the door and walked through it. I looked around I didn't see him anywhere I walked around the back of the house and I heard that song coming from the tree above me.

"Jake." I called and he looked down at me, leaning out of the tree. He slowly got down slowly and stood at the bottom and I stood still. He was wearing a white shirt with grass stains and blue jeans.

"G-G-Grace." He stuttered out and I nodded, he ran to me hugging me and I gasped holding in the thud I almost let loose with the wind almost knocked out of me. I slowly reaching up hugging him and I felt him pull me closer before he let me go stepping away. "You left." He spoke and I frowned nodding.

"I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye, I was in trouble." I said not knowing how much he would understand but he nodded.

"N-Nellie told me." He spoke and I smiled at him. I looked at him taking in his long dark brown hair, the style similar to Nate's but his was a little messier, and the blue eyes I could never forget. "Who is that?" He asked and he pointed to Mateo standing on the back porch.

"That is one of my husbands." I answered and Jake looked at me with a smile.

"Nellie always said one man wasn't enough." He said and I laughed as he nodded. "I get it now." He nodded.

"I have two husbands and I have two kids." I spoke and he walked closer to me holding my hand.

"Stay please." He whispered and he moved back up the tree letting go of my hand, he brought down a book handing it to me. "Sometimes I-I-I bring it, and read it." He explained and I looked down seeing a copy of the book he used to read. Charlotte's Web, he usually switched out his books but every once in a while, he would bring this one back out. I laughed looking at him smiling.

"That's a throwback." I said making him laughing that goofy smile appearing back on his face.

"Can I meet them?" He asked and I nodded, he walked to me grabbing my hand and I took him to my back porch to Mateo first.

"This is Mateo." I introduced them. Mateo nodded smiling at Jake who just smiled back.

"Grace has told me about you Jake it is nice to meet you." Mateo spoke moving out of the way.

"You too." Jake spoke and I smiled, and I took him into my house. The back door lead into the laundry room and then the kitchen. Sike was standing there.

"This is-Si"

"Merida." Sike cut me off smiling and I nodded.

"Nice to meet you." Jake spoke his hand tightening on my hand.

"She is a great friend." I said and he relaxed.