Chapter 24: Nate

She collapsed in my arms; I don't know what's wrong but everything in me is telling me this is bad. We are in the ambulance now Mateo is in the other with JJ. He wanted to ride with me but they wouldn't let him, I am holding her hand and something doesn't feel right, I kiss her head as the medic puts a IV in her other arm. I can't look so I turn away, the rest of the ride is a daze. I am pulled out of the vehicle and lead to a waiting room. My vision is blurry and I can't calm down. Someone lays a hand on my shoulder making me look at them.

"Is she okay?" Mateo asked sitting beside me, he was holding JJ while the other girl is getting checked out.

"I don't know. I am panicking." I answered and he rubbed his hands over his face.

"Rivera-Ross?" I heard a nurse call and we both stood up walking over to her.

"How is she?" I asked and she leaned in whispering.

"We have her a room." She turned and we followed. She led us into a room off to the side no one else was in the hallway, or in the room. "Skinner sectioned this off. Portable head CT shows a brain bleed, she's been bleeding for a while she is in surgery." She explained and I sighed.

"Will she be, okay?" I asked and she shook her head.

"In these cases, it is a matter if she wakes up. I am sorry I wish I could tell you more." She walked out as Taylor ran in.

"Is she okay?" Taylor asked.

"She is in surgery we won't know until if or when she wakes up." The nurses said once more and Taylor sobbed stepping into the room.

"What did he do to her?" She sobbed.

"Mateo?" A meek voice chimed in.

"Hmm?" Mateo said putting JJ down.

"Could Blake shocking her do this?" He asked.

"Damn it." I yelled kicking the chair and JJ ran to the corner. "I'm sorry buddy." I held my hands up. "My name is Nate." I introduced myself.

"You are Nate? She said you are to be trusted." He said slowly walking closer, and I nodded he ran to me hugging my legs. When he hugged me, it was like a weight was lifted off me, and I looked at Mateo seeing the same thing in his eyes. JJ turned to Taylor, she smiled down at him.

"I'm Taylor." She greeted him squatting down.

"She said you were tall, and you were here best friend." He hugged her and she caught herself putting a hand on the floor behind her.

"He's a cute kid." Mateo whispered stepping closer to me, the nurse opened the door and sat so clothes on the table beside it, quickly closing it.

"He is." I smiled, I walked to see they were kid's clothes. "JJ here is you some clean clothes." He pulled away grabbing them.

"Bathroom is over there." Taylor said pointing to the bathroom and he smiled at me before walking to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

We all scattered out sitting in the bed the chairs pacing waiting for news. The door clicked open and a doctor walked in with a scrub cap on. He took it off looking to each of us.

"She is ok, of course we won't know the extent until she wakes up. I think she will, others think she won't but I am confident she will." He explained sighing looking to each of us before smiling. "She made it out, that was the biggest obstacle, she has 48 hours to wake up the next 48 hours are crucial." He said and Taylor jumped up hugging him.

"Thank you." She said and he smiled slightly, she quickly let go. "How are the others?" She asked.

"The little girl is ok, she was fed and well taken care of, the other..." He trailed looking at the floor. "She was raped multiple times her hair was dyed; her original hair color was blonde." He explained. Oh, my fucking god that bastard, made himself a substitute.

"Oh my God." Taylor cried and I heard Mateo get up.

"Can we see her?" He asked and the doctor looked at him.

"She only wants to see Grace." He explained. "I will bring Grace back shortly." He said turning to leave.

Shortly after she was rolled into the room on a portable vent, I felt tears go down my face seeing a small part of her shaved. She looked so pale; her skin looked like the color of the damn wall. I buried my head in my hands sitting beside on the other bed and brought my legs up closing me in. I want her back, she can't die, I felt a little body up against my side and I looked down seeing JJ crying too. I cried and cried until it felt like I couldn't anymore, and I looked up seeing Taylor and Mateo doing the same. They were holding hands in the chairs at the foot of her bed.