Chapter 89: Grace

I can't focus I need to focus but I can't focus how am I supposed to focus with my man out there potentially getting hurt. Oh my god, that might have been the last time I speak to him, forever. I feel like I am falling apart like I am losing a piece of me; my heart feels like it's missing a piece. Oh my god, Oh my...Fuck. I can't... I need to think straight.

"Grace please baby." I finally heard and Nate was rubbing my back. "Come on baby girl please don't..." He trailed off. I wiped my eyes, then held my hands up taking a few deep breaths.

"I'm ok. I'm ok." I said repeatedly. I recited it in my head over and over.

"They got him. It looked like they cut him, punched him a few times." Dom's voice came through and I shuddered my heart dropped, but I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Just thought I should warn you." His voice came through again.

"How long?" Nate whispered.

"Five minutes maybe more." His voice came through again.

"Ok Grace, I need you to get ready." Nate spoke to me warning in his voice. I nodded and turned sitting with legs open wide over the hole, the knife I pried it open holding it there beside the hole.

"I'll be ready." I spoke hitting the button on my earpiece.

"Sike is behind him. She will come in and try to quote on quote save him first." Dom spoke again. We all agreed she should try to come in and act like me, but clearly very dumb because we want the confrontation. She will probably ditch the car and hide behind the trees across the parking lot or over to the side.

"Grace, remember I am here." Vince spoke and I nodded taking deep breaths in and out. "Everybody behind the funhouse as well. Hex will come here and they will go upstairs to talk about Mateo I imagine and the deal the idiots will try to cut then Sike will move in." Vince explained again.

"Got it." I assured him. I reached behind me feeling of the gun, it was calming, feeling the gun behind me knowing I could grab it when I needed. I figured it was best to not talk to Nate or at all right now so I just sat my legs open around the hatch and recite the plan in my head over and over.

Mateo will come in, the Ghosts will call Hex, he will appear, Sweetness will want to cut a deal with Mateo leading to a conversation upstairs, leading to Sike coming in as they walk down the stairs finding my look a like trying to get Mateo. They will interrupt then they will want to figure out who she is, when she reveals herself, everyone will rush in. Then all hell will break loose. Who knows what might happen but we will be okay?

I thought that over and over until I heard a bang. I heard something being dragged and I closed my eyes thinking it was Mateo.

"Tie him up around the pole." Someone ordered, had to be Sweetness. I heard what seemed to be chains before a voice.

"Sweetness, want me to contact Hex?" Someone asked, meeting a dark chuckle and confirming my suspicion.

"Of course. This will get me an amazing deal; he might finally let me work for him and all of you can join." He spoke, I heard retreating footsteps. I heard a groan. "Oh, look do you have something to say?" he asked in a pitying voice.

"God, just a bunch of kids playing dress up." Mateo groaned coughing. I nodded this really what this whole town was. I heard a smack and a groan and I clenched my fists. I cringed and Nate tried bolting past me but I held him still.

"If we move too much, they will know we are up here please." I spoke to him and he closed his eyes nodding as he took deep breaths in and out.

"Gag him." Sweetness ordered, and I took deep breaths myself calming myself. I heard the footsteps returning.

"Well, we have his attention he is coming immediately. The man himself." Someone explained then chuckled. Then a bang.

"He is already here." I heard a menacing voice speak. I tried hard to listen to his voice it sounded familiar but I couldn't make it out.

"Who are you?" Sweetness asked.

"Haven't you heard my name is Hex." The voice chimed in again. It was met with a gasp.

"Y-You?" Someone gasped, and Hex chuckled.

"Do we have any idea who they are talking about?" I whispered.

"No idea, had a hood. Obviously can't see him now." Dom's voice came in. I heard more footsteps through the microphone.

"You want a deal for this man?" Hex hummed. "Sure, he is tampered with damn you put up a fight." His voice came through. "Let's go upstairs and talk deals, shall we? Just get over it being me and come on." I heard footsteps and then thudding along the wall beside us. They cannot see us. They cannot see us. They cannot see us.

"It's really you? You want Grace, why?" I heard clearly as they walked past the vent but then their voices were muffled.

"I can't recognize the damn voice..." I whispered.

I heard some more voices followed by footsteps, once again then stuff falling. Breaking. Crushing. I cringed at each thud, shatter and creak. Nate put a hand on my back keeping me calm. I heard a sudden calm nothing was falling, breaking or creaking, just sets of footsteps calm footsteps, almost to calm. Three people if I had to guess walked back down and hey, maybe three walked up I don't know.

"Sike's walking up now. This Hex guy came with five people in a van they are taken care of." Dom chimed in. I heard a creak in the microphone and smiled had to be Sike.

"You satisfied?" I heard the menacing voice chime.

"Yes, as long as I get to work for you, sir." Sweetness spoke.

"Good." The voice spoke. "Wait, who is that?" I heard some guns, and I brought out mine. Jabbing the knife in the side so I could pull it up quickly. "Grace?" He asked, I heard a groan and a cough.

"Grace?" I heard Sweetness ask.

"Serpents are circling the funhouse no one is getting out unless it's you all." Dom chimed in. Nate gripped my shoulder and I laid a hand on his as I looked down at the hatch that I was about to pry open my stomach in knots.

"Show me your face!" Someone yelled. "Show me your face you bitch." I heard someone demand I heard another groan.