Chapter 33: Nate

We were now pulling up to the hospital with Luca in tow. Emma dropped him off and said she was sorry she couldn't be at the hospital she had to deal with her controlling father and shortly left. Taylor called saying her parents dropped in and visited Grace but didn't want to be in the way so they quickly left. She said they like just hanging out in New York and would be staying until Grace woke up. It was awkward driving in the car with Luca without Grace and I felt like the closer we got to the hospital I went numb. I just want her to wake up and every fiber of my being wants her to wake up as soon as we walk through that door. I was standing outside the car, Luca in the carrier at my side and Mateo standing beside me. 

"You need to leave we will leave. I felt like I couldn't breathe or think straight earlier." I looked at him and nodded.

"Okay, I wore your hoodie for the extra comfort. Earlier it felt like I was being pulled apart." I spoke and we walked into the hospital and walked to Grace's room. Skinner was posed outside.

"I need to talk to you." He said and looked down seeing Luca in the carrier. "Its urgent I'm sorry." He looked at us and we nodded. I gestured to the door and I took Luca inside. I barely got through the door before Taylor was there in front of me.

"Hey there is my godson." Taylor greeted and took the carrier from me.

"Emma said she fed him earlier." I told her and she nodded. She took him out of his carrier cradling him in her arms.

"Go talk to him." She gestured and I walked back not paying attention to the room. I closed the door quietly behind me and Skinner looked at me with an expression I didn't like.

"Talk please." Mateo spoke and I could see he was panicking and I felt like doing the same. Is this something bad what is going on?

"Alright then. We have Blake, yes he is still alive." He rolled his eyes before sighing. "As we were questioning him, he revealed that when he picked her up..." He gestured to Grace's room and I was wondering what questioning was code for. "He put Nexplanon in her." He finished.

"What is that? Isn't that birth control?" Mateo asked and Skinner nodded.

"It is an implant that usually goes in the arm to prevent pregnancy and can help women with their cycles." He explained and I was confused.

"Usually goes in the arm? Where is it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I had some nurses check her arms and they can't find it." He sighed. He ran his hand over his face.

"Are you sure he was talking about Grace?" Mateo asked and I caught the implication, he could have almost meant Rya.

"Yes, we are sure. I need your consent to have nurses take her to a full body x-ray." He said and we nodded immediately.

"Why did you need us?" I asked and he nodded.

"We don't know if we can keep this under the table depending on who they run into. Taylor is on her power of attorney and she wanted me to ask you." He gestured to the room, he opened the door and I heard clicking. A couple seconds later Grace was rolled out. "The chief of this hospital doesn't like me very well." He muttered he sounded distorted. It is so hard seeing Grace hooked up like this. She still looked pale, and that scar on her head, they stopped the bed outside the door.

"I'll take care of her, I promise." Skinner sighed walking passed us following her bed. I could make out where his gun was in the back of his pants as he walked down the hall.

"Nate." Mateo gasped and I turned to him he grabbed my before I could say anything and walked into the room.