CHAPTER 3

RACE WEEK MONACO GRAND PRIX - TUESDAY

You wake up the next morning by someone knocking on your door. You roll over and check your phone, 8am. Why is someone knocking on my door so early. You sit up and immediately your head starts spinning. You hear another loud knock on the door.

"I'm coming, just give me a minute" you mumble gaining your footing. You stumble your way over to the door slowly opening it.

"Good morning sleepy." Pierre says standing on the other side of the door holding a tray with two coffees.

"Sleepy? It's 8am." You say groggy rubbing your eyes.

"8am on a Tuesday. The day started hours ago." He responds chipperly, holding out one of the coffees for you.

"How are you so happy in the morning, especially after a night of drinking?" You ask leaning on the door frame taking the coffee from him.

"Why don't you invite me in, and I'll tell you?" Pierre says smirking. You roll your eyes and open the door for him to come in.

You crawl back into bed with your coffee and Pierre sits on the bed next to you.

"So, what's your secret?" You ask taking a sip of coffee.

"Well, last night I met this girl at a party. We seemed to have a great time together. I almost kissed her after walking her back to her place, but I chickened out at the last minute. So, all I've been thinking about all night is going back to check on her hangover and hopefully kiss her for real." Pierre says looking at you.

You take a sip of your coffee and smile. "Sounds like a lucky girl."

Pierre reaches over and tucks a piece of hair behind your ear tilting your chin up. He leans over slowly giving you time to pull away, but you don't. Your lips touch gently, and he pulls back a moment later not wanting to push his luck. You're not ready for the kiss to end just yet so you lean forward pulling him in to kiss him. God he is such a good kisser. You both pull back and smile.

"Okay, I might have been thinking about doing that all night too." You say uncontrollably blushing, taking another sip of coffee.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Pierre asks and you groan.

"Ugh, my head is killing me, and someone woke me up super early. But the coffee definitely helps. Thank you." You reply.

"Any plans for the day?" Pierre asks nervously.

"Ummm, Anna and Charlotte are coming over this morning to help me with some work stuff. Then Charlotte mentioned something about touring neighborhoods in Monaco, so I don't end up looking at houses in the wrong part of town. But other than that, I'm free."

"Here for less than 24 hours and you're already making friends and looking for houses." Pierre says laughing.

"What can I say, I move fast. What do you have planned for the day?"

"Well, I better learn to catch up then." Pierre says smiling at you. "But not much planned for today, it's my last free day before race preparations starts for this weekend. I was hoping I could take you on a tour of Monaco, but it sounds like Charlotte already beat me to it. Maybe I can take you out for dinner tonight instead?" Pierre asks nervously.

You smile, "I'd like that. Why don't you come house shopping with us though. I mean you did say you might consider moving here eventually right?"

He looks up at you and smiles. "It's a date." You smile and lean in for another kiss.

He is a good kisser.

You take out your phone passing it to him. "Why don't you put your number in and I'll text you when I'm done with Anna and Char."