CHAPTER 27

You are startled awake the next morning by your phone ringing, you roll over and look at it the screen looking fuzzy.

Incoming Face Time from Charlotte

You sit up rubbing your head answering it.

"Ughhhhh..." you hear Charlotte say on the other end.

"Give me a second my head is spinning," you say taking a moment.

"So, it's not just me then," Charlotte says.

"Definitely not. I feel like we didn't even drink that much though," you say looking around.

"That's what wine will do I guess," Charlotte says, and you gasp.

"It wasn't just wine," you say getting up and grabbing an empty bottle of Tequila.

"Ummm how full was that when the night started?" Charlotte asks.

"At least half," you say.

"Ugh that explains it, I'm pretty sure I threw up on the way home last night." Charlotte says rubbing her head.

"She did!" You hear Charles yell in the background.

"Oh god, how did we end up mixing wine and Tequila?" You say as you try to recall the events of last night.

"I think it was after the first bottle of wine, when we started playing never have I ever and I suggested doing a shot for everyone we had done," Charlotte says.

"Ughhh yeah that sounds vaguely familiar," you say, and the room starts to spin again. Just then you hear the door open, and Pierre comes into the apartment carrying a tray of coffee and pastries.

"Ugh oh," you say dropping your phone and running to the bathroom.

"Maddie?" Charlotte asks concerned, as you hurl into the toilet. Pierre walks over and picks up your phone. "Sorry Char, I'll have her call you back once she's feeling better."

"Thanks Pierre," Charlotte says and disconnects the call.

Pierre walks over and knocks on the bathroom door. "Hey love, how are you doing?" he asks through the door. You just groan and flush the toilet.

"I'm going to come in okay?" Pierre says opening the door softly.

"No, I'm fine I promise, I just –" you start, but hurl again part way through. Pierre opens the door and sits next to you holding your hair back and rubbing your back.

"Remind me to never mix wine and Tequila," Pierre says laughing.

"I don't think I'll be having tequila again for a loooooong time." You say laughing slightly. Pierre stands up and grabs you a hair tie from your cupboard and a glass of water, sitting back down next to you. You throw your hair up into a messy bun and take a sip of water.

"Ughhhh I didn't want you to see me like this," you say holding your head in your hands over the toilet.

Pierre just smiles and rubs your back. "I don't mind taking care of you, love. I heard Charlotte had a rough night too."

You chuckle. "Tequila and wine, a deadly combo apparently. I hope I wasn't too bad last night. I don't remember too much of it at the moment."

"No, you were actually quite adorable, threatening Charles and all," Pierre says chuckling.

"I did what – "

"Well actually Charlotte threatened that I better treat you right because she's keeping you, and then you kinda threatened Charles the same thing." Pierre said.