CHAPTER 80

Anthoine finishes feeding and you stand up with him walking to the changing table. "I think it's time for mommy's first diaper change, huh, what do we think?" You say softly. You change him while he squirms around his blue eyes looking around the room. You pick him up and walk around the room with him walking until he settles falling back asleep. You wrap him back up into his swaddle and set him back down in the bassinet, crawling into bed, your eyes feeling heavy. I sleep when he sleeps. You close your eyes and quickly drift off to sleep.

You wake up feeling oddly well rested, you look over to the bassinet and panic when you don't see Anthoine sleeping in it. He can't sit up there's no way he climbed out.

"Maddie, I've got him don't panic." You hear Pascale say and look over seeing her standing across the room, him sound asleep in her arms. You slowly stand up and walk over watching him sleep in her arms.

"He started to fuss, but you looked exhausted, so I held him until he settled down again," she says going to hand him to you.

"Actually, do you mind holding onto him for a second longer. I need to use the bathroom." You say and she nods. You come out of the bathroom a few minutes later.

"Man, you weren't kidding about the pain using the bathroom the first time." You say walking slowly back to bed.

"No, but it gets better." Pascale says smiling putting the baby back down in the bassinet. You grab your phone and check the time, 1:17pm. No wonder I'm hungry.

"How about I go grab us some lunch before the race starts. Anything in particular you want?" Pascale asks grabbing her purse.

"A burger would be amazing right about now." You say, just the thought of food making your mouth water.

"Burger it is." Pascale says smiling and heading out to grab food. You turn the TV on in the room and turn it to the racing channel smiling as you see the familiar faces pop up on the screen.

Pascale comes back a short time later carrying bags of food and you smile at the smell of grease. She opens the bag and passes you a burger and fries, as well as a ginger ale to drink. You take a bite of the burger feeling the cheese melt in your mouth and moan slightly.

"This is so good, thank you." You say before taking another bite.

"No problem honey," Pascale says taking a bit of her burger.

The two of you eat while watching the pre-race entertainment on the screen. Finishing your lunch, you stand up and head over to the garbage can throwing out the wrappers stretching while you're up, feeling stiff.

"Don't do too much moving, you did have your abdomen cut into like 12 hours ago." Pascale says worryingly and you look at the clock smiling.

"I can't believe it's already been over 12 hours, feels like just minutes." You say slowly walking over and climbing back into bed.

"I know what you mean and believe me time just seems to go by faster. Before you know if they grow up and are having babies of their own." Pascale says looking over at Anthoine.

"Oh, I'm not ready for that." You say chuckling softly, putting a hand on Anthoine in the bassinet rubbing his arms through the blanket softly. His eyes start to flutter open, and you smile leaning over picking him up. You lay in bed and set him on your chest letting him nurse for a little bit. Once he's done you set him up higher on your chest and close your eyes just feeling him breathe against you softly. Pascale take a picture of the two of you and sends it off to Pierre knowing he's about to get ready. Resting up before the race, both safe and sound. Maddie's doing amazingly. Good luck today!