CHAPTER 56

"How are you feeling now that the seasons over?" You ask Pierre as you climb back into your own bed with Pierre.

"It doesn't feel real yet, it still just feels like we're on an off weekend. I don't think it'll hit me until Christmas."

"And training starts up again in?"

"Officially March, but Pyry and I keep working throughout the year to make sure I say in top shape." Pierre says.

"Mmmm remind me we need to give him a good Christmas bonus this year, I appreciate his hard work." You say lifting Pierre's shirt up to reveal his abs.

"Oh yeah? Like what you see?" Pierre says taking off his shirt.

"I do," you say running your hands over his chest and leaning in to kiss him.

"We have the house to ourselves." Pierre says.

"We have the house to ourselves." You say.

"We can be as loud as we want." Pierre says.

"We can." You say kissing Pierre again and pulling him towards the bed.

/// /// ///

You spend Tuesday unpacking and catching up on laundry, going grocery shopping and doing those mundane adult things. Wednesday is spent getting wedding things organized for the weekend. You make sure both guest rooms are cleaned and stocked. George and his date, along with Lando and Luisa are going to be staying with you for Anna and Carlos's wedding since they are both currently living in England. Lando and Luisa are set to arrive Thursday morning and George and his date Friday evening after the rehearsal dinner.

....

Thursday morning you head to the airport to pick up Lando and Luisa and bring them back to your place. You make sure they are all settled before you and Luisa head off to Anna's, leaving the boys to play video games together.

"So, who do you think George is bringing for his date?" You ask Luisa as you walk down the street to Anna's house.

"I bet it's that girl from last weekend." Luisa says.

"You think so?" You ask.

"Apparently he's pretty smitten with her, according to Lando." Luisa says.

"Ooooo maybe I won't be the newbie next season." You say as you reach Anna's house.

You knock on Anna's door and Charlotte opens it for you.

"Eeek ladies!" Charlotte says giving you both a big hug. "So excited you're here."

You head inside and see Anna throw back the rest of her drink.

"Oh wow, before noon, starting already?" Luisa says.

"I'm getting married in 2 days! 2 days!" Anna says pouring herself another mimosa.

"How about we get some food in that stomach before we start drinking that hard," you say laughing.

"There's a car coming for us in a half hour to take us to lunch and then to the salon." Charlotte says.

"I'm going to be Mrs. Anna Sainz," Anna says taking another drink.

"Is this a happy drinking or a nervous drinking Anna?" Luisa whispers to you.

"Both, I think." You whisper back. "How about we take this," you say taking her mimosa and putting it in the fridge, "and save this for later."

"Do you know what nails you want done?" Luisa asks.

"Nooooo," Anna says sadly.

"Alright, well let's look at some pictures." Charlotte says pulling out her phone. The four of you spend the next 30 minutes looking at nail designs until the driver arrives. You arrive at the fancy restaurant a short drive later and are guided into a private booth with champagne waiting for you.

"Oh, ladies this is amazing!" Anna says, as everyone climbs into the booth. Anna pops the bottle of champagne and pours it into the glasses.

"To Anna," you say.

"To Anna," Luisa and Charlotte echo, "to me!" Anna says and you all cheers and sip the champagne. Lunch finishes up and you head to the nail salon just down the street, the same one you and Charlotte brought Anna to get her nails done before her engagement.

"I remember this place." Anna says walking in.

"We thought it would be a nice reminder of that day," Charlotte says.

"The best day yet." Anna says smiling.

The four of you enjoy your mani-pedi's making sure everything is perfect for Anna, on her big day.

"Don't forget to bring your dresses and everything over tomorrow morning!" Anna says.

"Of course! See you bright and early tomorrow!" You say waving goodbye as you and Luisa head down the street back to your house. You get home and the boys are pretty much where you left them, downstairs playing video games. Leftover pizza on the kitchen counter. You shrug and grab a slice, Luisa grabbing one too.

"What time is George getting here tomorrow?" Luisa asks.

"Not until after the reception dinner, 8pm I think." You say double checking George's text, "yeah 8pm."

"Busy day tomorrow," Luisa says taking another slice of pizza.

"Very busy." You say sighing.

You hear the boys quiet down, and then see them coming up the stairs.

"Who won?" You ask.

"I did," Lando says smiling.

"Atta boy," Luisa says kissing Lando lightly.

"You'll get him next time," you say kissing Pierre.

"I'll get him tomorrow during golf," Pierre says looking over to Lando.

"Yeah right," Lando says.

The four of you spend some time chatting and catching up before heading off to bed.

"It's so strange that Anna and Carlos will be married in less than 48 hours," you say climbing into bed with Pierre.

"I know, they were dating before I even moved up to F1." Pierre says crawling into bed next to you.

"I remember her telling me about their first date, and I remember thinking, this guy is different. Mind you I didn't really like him at first, but I do now." You say laughing.

"Why didn't you like Carlos?" Pierre asks wrapping you in his arms.

"He was this rich, hot formula one driver that came in and took my best friend away. She moved to Monaco shortly after they met." You say cuddling into Pierre's chest.

"You thought Carlos was hot?" Pierre asks

"Was hot. You know when I was 20 and didn't know there was hotter out there." You say smiling.

"Damn right." Pierre says kissing the top ofyour head as you drift off to sleep.