CHAPTER 40 * WARNING

WARNING - Mention of Previous Physical Assult

"Listen you bottle bitch!" the voice echoes in your head.

"This will teach you some respect," the voice says louder.

You force yourself to wake up, and you sit up in a panic looking around the room.

"What's wrong?" Pierre says sitting up next to you.

"Nothing, just a bad dream, go back to sleep," you say kissing his cheek. Pierre lays back down and is back asleep within a few seconds. You take a deep breath and head to the bathroom.

You lean over the sink head in your hands.

"It's not real," you whisper to yourself. "It's not real. It's just in your head."

You turn the tap on and splash some water on your face. You look at the bruise on your face from where the guy slapped you and sigh. You crawl back into bed next to Pierre, and he turns to face you.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks half asleep, you just stare at the ceiling.

"I just can't get his voice out of my head." You say softly. "It's like I'm back there all over again."

"Come here," Pierre says pulling you close so he's spooning you. "You're not back there, you're here with me in bed. He's not here, and he's never going to be able to touch you ever again." Pierre says and you start to relax.

"Keep talking, that helps," you say as your breathing slows. Pierre keeps talking until you're fast asleep, he watches you for a few minutes to make sure you're still breathing before closing his eyes and falling back asleep next to you.

You wake up several hours later, Pierre's arm still wrapped tightly around you and you smile. You roll over and start placing kisses around his face, placing a few on his lips until he wakes up.

"Someone's up early," Pierre says half asleep.

"Of course, it's moving day." You say excitedly. "And talk to Ferrari day, but I'm going to try and not think about that today."

"Do they need you to go in?" Pierre asks.

"Charles said he will call me if they do, but they are going to see what they can do without me first. Not wanting to relive my trauma and all." You say getting out of bed and stretching. You head over to the kitchen and start a pot of coffee. You turn the oven on to preheat and take a package of cinnamon rolls out placing them on a tray. Pierre looks over at you.

"It's not Monday you know that right?" He asks concerned.

"I know, but I feel bad we were in the hospital all day yesterday, so we didn't get to have our Monday morning cinnamon rolls." You say grabbing mugs out of the cabinet. The coffee pot dings, and you pour two cups bringing one over to Pierre in bed before heading back to the kitchen to put the cinnamon rolls in the oven. You check your phone and open Instagram. The first thing you see is a picture of you and Pierre outside the hospital in France, with speculation on where your injuries came from.

"Babe we might have a problem." You say stating at your phone. Pierre gets out of bed with his coffee and walks over, he grabs your phone and looks at the picture.

"Do we say something? Do we not? I mean I know that you didn't do this to me, but this looks bad." You say tears in your eyes. Pierre just pulls you close and kisses the top of your head.

"You let me worry about that okay?" Pierre says, taking out his phone and stepping outside to make a call. You text the picture to your group chat with the caption paparazzi can't even get my good angles.