CHAPTER 23

Baku Sunday Race Day 

Pierre spends the night but leaves before Isa wakes up in the morning to get ready for the race. Isa wakes you up shortly after Pierre leaves excited for the day. You order some room service for breakfast and sit down with her to watch some cartoons. The two of you watch cartoons and eat breakfast before starting to get ready.

"Maddie can we go watch cartoons with Auntie Anna?" Isa asks as you finish putting her hair into a braid.

"Let's call and ask her," you say going to grab your phone. You dial Anna's number and put it on speaker phone for Isa to hear.

"Hello," she says answering, still half asleep.

"Hey sorry to wake you, Isa was just wondering if we can come over and watch cartoons with you this morning," you say.

"Carlos still needs to get ready, but I can head over once I'm ready." Anna says.

"Okay, see you soon!" You say. "She'll be over soon, why don't you go pick out what cartoon you want to watch," you say passing her the remote. You finished getting yourself ready and pack a bag for Isa when you hear a knock at the door and Isa runs to the door. You open the door and Isa rushes out to hug Anna.

"Good morning Auntie Anna," Isa says.

"Good morning Isa," she says giving her a hug.

"Let's watch some cartoons," Isa says taking Anna's hand and leading her inside to the couch. You chuckle following them over to the kitchen/living area.

"Want some coffee?" You ask Anna. "Yes please, a whole pot of it." She responds. Isa settles on a Tv show and cuddles up to Anna.

"Long night?" You ask.

Anna nods, "Carlos and Charles were up late gaming, and talking strategy."

You hand her over a cup of coffee, and sit down on the couch with her and Isa. You chat with Anna and drink your coffee while Isa watches cartoons.

"We go drive now?" Isa asks. You look at the clock, 9:37am.

"Not yet Isa, soon though." You say and Isa climbs down from the couch.

"No now," Isa says running to the door. You and Anna get up stopping her before she opens the door.

"How about we go outside for a bit? There's a park not too far from here she can play at." Anna says.

"Sure, let me grab her bag," you say walking over to the chair and grabbing your bag and Alpha Tauri hat before heading out the door with Isa and Anna. You walk over to the park and watch Isa run around, laughing, and playing with some other kids. You text John that you're just leaving the park and will be over soon.

"Isa, time to go!" You call over to her.

"5 more minutes?" She asks.

"Come on we're going to the track. Watch the boys go zoom," Anna says, and Isa runs right over.

"Boys go zoom!" Isa says smiling and you pick her up. "Yes, boys go zoom!" You say laughing, and the three of you walk back to the hotel.

You meet John out front and the three of you climb into the car.

"Charlotte says she'll meet us at the gate, Luisa should be arriving around the same time," Anna says.

"Auntie Charlotte," Isa says clapping. The car pulls into the track, and you see all of the people standing around.

"Alright, Isa, there's going to be some flashes, but I'm going to come around and grab you okay," you say as Anna unbuckles her. John opens your door, and you step out opening the passenger side door grabbing Isa. She buries her face into your shoulder and Anna grabs your bags for you stepping out the other side. You shield her face the best you can from all of the people taking pictures as you walk towards the gate. You scan your passes and walk-through spotting Charlotte.