CHAPTER 62

You're just putting the finishing touches on your makeup for the night when you hear your phone ringing in the other room.

"Babe can you get that?" You yell to Pierre.

You hear him answer and he appears a few seconds later with your phone covering the speaking part, "it's Anna." He says passing you the phone, and you put it on speaker setting it on the counter as you continue with your hair.

"Anna? What's wrong?" You ask.

"Nothing... well nothing... I'm just nervous about tonight." Anna says.

"To tell people or worried you'll accidentally drink alcohol?" You ask.

"Both." She says sighing.

"Well once you tell everyone I wouldn't worry too much about it. We all love you and are going to love this little miracle (you don't want to say baby since she technically hasn't even said it herself). You know the guys; they would make sure nothing happened." You say.

"I know, you're right." Anna says taking another breath. "We just need to tell them, and everything will be fine."

"Besides, any alcohol comes your way I'll just drink it before it gets to you." You say laughing.

"Ooooo you might be in for a rough night then." Anna says.

"Yeah, I mean I'd appreciate it if you can tell everyone at the beginning of the night so I'm not pounding back double shots all night, but otherwise for you I'd do it." You say smiling.

"Please tell everyone early," Pierre yells from the other room and you both start laughing.

"Alright I'll let you finish getting ready, we'll see you downstairs soon." Anna says hanging up. You look at your watch, 15 minutes still. You finish your hair and makeup and step out of the bathroom.

"I don't think I'm going to drink that much tonight," you say grabbing your purse.

"Are you sure?" Pierre asks and you nod your head.

"Yeah, I mean I'm sure Carlos is going to look out for her too, but he did just get a 1,2 podium with Charles. I don't know, I think I'd just feel better keeping an eye on her." You say.

"You're a good friend Maddie," Pierre says kissing your cheek.

"Besides then I can keep an eye on you too," you say turning and stealing a kiss off his lips.

You get downstairs and meet up with Anna, Carlos, Charlotte, and Charles before John pulls up to take you all to the club.

You walk inside and follow everyone to a table at the back. Max, Daniel, Lando, Luisa, Alex and George are already there but you don't see Carmen.

"Where's Carmen?" You ask George as you sit down.

"Getting the first round," George says looking over to her at the bar. You look at Anna sitting next to you uneasily, Carlos holding her hand under the table.

"Looks like you've lost your newbie status there Sutton," Max says.

"About time, you guys were starting to get expensive," you say laughing as Carmen comes back with a bottle of vodka and shot glasses.

"Carmen, going for the bottle right out of the gate, I think she might have one upped you there Sutton." Lando says.

"Just trying to make a good impression," Carmen says smiling as she starts pouring shots for everyone.

Carmen goes to pass one to Anna, but Anna shakes her head no. "None for me thanks."

"Are you sure? I can get you something else if you want." Carmen says passing you the shot instead.

"Actually, I won't be drinking at all tonight, or for the next little bit." Anna says smiling at Carlos.

"What? Don't tell me you're sweating off alcohol," Daniel says.

"We can't have damaged your liver that bad already," Lando says.

"Well over the last what 5 years with the amount we drink maybe, but no that's not it." Anna says looking at Carlos smiling.

"Then what is it?" Max asks. God guys can be so clueless.

"I'm pregnant," Anna says smiling widely.

"We're having a baby!" Carlos says excitedly.

Everyone jumps up in excitement and starts hugging Anna and Carlos.

"I can't believe I almost gave you alcohol," Carmen says hugging Anna.

"So that's why you weren't feeling well at lunch yesterday," Luisa says.

"Yeah, we wanted to wait and tell everyone together." Anna says smiling.

"Ahhh! I can't believe there's going to be a little Carlanna in the world by the end of the season." You say excitedly.

"Carlanna?" Charlotte says looking at you.

"You know little bit of Carlos, little bit of Anna, Carlanna." You say and everyone laughs.

"Baby Sainz, coming soon, congrats man." Lando says.

"Thanks, Lando," Carlos says.

After a few more minutes of congratulating and chatting about the upcoming addition to your F1 family, everyone grabs their shot glass (-Anna) and raises their glass for a toast.

"Well, I was going to make a big speech about this being the first race of the season, and how excited I am to spend the rest of the season with all of you. But I don't think anything can top what just happened. So, let's drink to the exciting future ahead." Carmen says. "But not you Anna, sorry."

Everyone laughs, "to the future." Everyone cheers before shooting back their shots of Vodka, Anna happily sipping on a bottle of water as the night continues.