CHAPTER 65

The two of you walk down the pit lane together holding hands. "Pierre where are we going? We're going to be late. Our parents are going to kill us."

"Do you trust me?" Pierre says looking at you.

"I do," you say looking up at him.

"Then please stop asking questions love and just enjoy it," Pierre says. You walk further down the pit lane until you get to the track. Once on the track you see a pattern of tea lights shaped in a heart, and you begin to understand what's about to happen.

Oh my god this is it. He's finally going to propose.

You walk over to the tea lights, lifting your dress as you step over them to avoid catching it in the flames. Pierre centres the two of you in the heart and takes your hands in his. He takes a deep breathe, and you squeeze his hands in reassurance.

"3 years ago, you came into my life Madeline and flipped my whole world upside down." Pierre says nervously and you let out a small laugh, making him smile.

"Before you, I thought I knew what love was. I thought I knew the feeling of being home. And then I met you, and it's like there was this whole other gear, that I had no idea existed like I was racing towards something bigger. Maddie, you've challenged me, and supported me, you've loved me at my best and at my worst, and through every step of the way you've done so with a smile on your face. You're my best friend Madeline Sutton, I love you, and I can't imagine doing this life with anyone else. I finally understand what I was racing towards, and it's you. It's home." Pierre says squeezing your hands, tears forming in your eyes.

"Maddie we met in Monaco, we've made our home here in Monaco, so I thought it was only fitting to ask you to be my wife, here, the place where it all started..." Pierre says pulling a small box out of his pocket, getting down on one knee. He opens the box, and you bring your hands up to your mouth gasping as you see the ring.

"Madeline – "

"Yes!" You say.

Pierre smiles and chuckles. "Baby you haven't even let me finish."

"Sorry." You say smiling.

"Madeline Eloise Sutton, will you marry me?" Pierre asks, and you feel as though your heart could explode with happiness.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Of course, I'll marry you." You say happy tears in your eyes. Pierre smiles and takes your left hand, slipping the ring onto your ring finger. Pierre stands up and cups your face kissing you lovingly. You kiss a few more times before wrapping your arms around Pierre hugging him tightly.

You start to hear people clapping and cheering and look up to see all of your friends and family, lining the Paddock Club waving. You wipe away your happy tears and start waving. Pierre lifts your left hand into the air in celebration, and everyone cheers. You spend a few more minutes together just the two of you enjoying this moment before Tina pulls up in a golf cart.

"I didn't think you'd want to walk back to the pit too, especially in those heels." Tina says looking at your shoes.

"Thank you Tina." You say smiling, still in shock about what just happened. Tina drives the three of you back to the Alpha Tauri pit and you can't stop smiling and starting at the ring on your left hand.

Pierre steps off the golf cart first and holds out his hand for you.

"Thank you Mr. Gasly," you say taking it.

"You're welcome future Mrs. Gasly." Pierre says smiling.

Tina gets out and hugs you both quickly. "I'm so happy for you both." She then steps and shakes getting back into the zone.