CHAPTER 43

The sun hits your face the next morning waking you up, you smile rolling over to reach for Pierre, but your smile fades as you remember that he's not there. You lay in bed for a few more minutes before deciding to get up. You hop in the shower quickly and get dressed in comfortable clothes for the day before making your way downstairs to start some breakfast.

Turning on the TV you flip to the F1 channel to have on in the background as you eat. You start scrolling through your phone, checking social media seeing lots of support and well wishes after your statement the other day. A couple comments still accusing Pierre of being responsible and you're covering for him, you shake your head turning your phone over. Some people.

You start to clean up and put some more things away, practice is just about to start when you hear a knock at the door. Weird, no one buzzed through the gate. You head to the front door and look through the peep hole smiling.

You open the door to see Anna, Charlotte, and Luisa standing there bags and coffee in hand.

"Oh my god! You guys. What are you doing here?!" You say opening the door letting them in.

"We're here for you silly," Luisa says as you hug her.

"Did you really think we would let you be alone this weekend after everything that happened?" Charlotte says hugging you.

"Besides, Pierre told us about the other two guys still being at the race this weekend, and to be honest we'd feel a lot safer not being in the same garage as them." Anna says hugging you.

"I think the boys are going to have a hard enough time keeping their cool if they see them. Let alone the added stress of worrying about us alone with them as they race." Charlotte says handing you a cup of coffee.

"You guys are amazing. I don't even know what to say." You say tearing up.

"Say thank you, and give us a tour of this beautiful house," Charlotte says smiling and looking around.

"Thank you," you say smiling.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour and show you where you can put your stuff." You say smiling.

"Girls Weekend!" Luisa says excitedly following you and you all laugh.

You give them a tour of the house and yard, and get them set up, Anna and Charlotte in each of the guest rooms and Luisa sharing your room since it's a big enough bed.

"I'm pretty sure this is Lando's dream, us sharing a bed," Luisa says laughing unpacking some of her clothes.

"Pierre's too," you say laughing with her.

"Should we send them a picture?" Luisa asks.

"Definitely," you say smiling. The two of you hop up onto the bed and take a picture looking at each other laughing, your arms around Luisa.

She's texts it to you, and you send it to Pierre – thanks for the new roomie, good luck in practice xxxx

"We'll see what they say after FP1," you say smiling and you both head downstairs to watch FP1 start with Anna and Charlotte.

At the track after FP1 Before the Press Conference

Pierre checks his phone and smiles at the picture of you and Luisa, I'm glad she's not alone. He starts heading to the media pen with Tina when Lando stops him.

"Did you get the same picture?" Lando asks showing him the picture of you and Luisa.

Pierre nods, "I'm glad she won't be alone this weekend," Pierre says, "probably safer for them too while those creeps are still around."