CHAPTER 68

....

Time Jump – 14 Months Later

....

You run to the bathroom an overwhelming nauseous feeling coming over you, just making it in time before you empty the contents of your breakfast into the toilet. 

Ughhhh, I knew I shouldn't have had that leftover pizza. 

It had stayed out on the counter all night, after you fell asleep on the couch while Pierre was up late gaming last night. You sit up wiping your mouth and flushing the toilet. Pierre is out running some errands and meetings before he has to fly out to Austin Texas for the American Grand Prix later tonight. You're flying out in three days time with Anna and Charlotte after you finish up some of your meetings for the week.

A lot has changed in just over the year you've been married. Pierre was promoted to Red Bull this season with Checo retiring to spend more time with his kids. Pierre and Max have been doing really well this season and are giving Charles and Carlos a run for their money for the Constructors Championship. Charles and Charlotte got married in a small private ceremony in their backyard. Anna and Carlos had their second daughter, Valentina. Max and Kelly living together in Monaco with Penelope as one happy family. Lando and Luisa are engaged and have recently bought a house together in England. Carmen and George recently moved in together into George's house in England. Daniel and Heidi are still dating, along with Alex and Lily, and you so enjoy having more girls on the grid to be friends with.

Family. Oh. You say to yourself thinking back. Maybe it's not the pizza. You say getting up and running to the medicine cabinet grabbing a package of tests from the cabinet. No, this is probably silly. You say opening one of the tests. You sit down on the floor of the bathroom as you wait for the results. 3 minutes. You set a timer. Another wave of nausea hits you and you lean over as your hurl into the toilet again. You hang your head there for a moment before sitting up and leaning your head against wall, flushing the toilet. Your timer goes off and you take a deep breath before turning the rest over.

Positive.

You take a deep breath as a smile forms on your face. Holy shit, I'm pregnant. You and Pierre had talked about starting a family but wanted to wait a little bit longer since he was just getting into his Red Bill contract. You weren't trying, but you also weren't not trying. Pierre will be happy about this right?

You take a deep breath and pull your phone out, calling your doctor. Luckily she had a cancellation, so she's able to see you later this afternoon to check you out. Now just have to find a way to tell Pierre.

You pull your phone out and call him.

"Hey babe," he answers.

"Hey, what time will you be home?" You ask.

"I should be home by 1, everything okay?" Pierre asks. Okay, I've got just over 3 hours to come up with something.

"Yeah, just thinking about lunch that's all." You say trying to cover up the nervousness in your voice.

"I can pick up some lunch on my way if you want." Pierre says and you feel another wave of nausea coming over you.

"Yeah sounds great, I'll see you soon. I love you." You say hanging up quickly before leaning over the toilet throwing up into the toilet again. Come on Maddie, mind over matter.

You pick up your phone again and dial another number.

"Hey, I need a favour." You say.

...............