CHAPTER 37 * WARNING

TRIGGER WARNING - Hospital

An hour later Anna, Carlos, Charles, and Charlotte walk into the emergency room and see Pierre sitting down. Pierre stands up when he sees them. "Hey guys thanks for coming." He says hugging them.

"How's she doing?" Anna asks.

"I don't know. She was still coming in and out of consciousness when they took her upstairs for testing. I haven't heard anything more." Pierre says. "Do you mind staying here for a moment? In case they call her name, I just need some fresh air."

"Of course," Charlotte says sitting down with Anna.

Pierre heads outside with Charles and Carlos, sitting down on a bench outside. Pierre pulls out his phone, "I tried to call her dad earlier, but he didn't answer, didn't feel right leaving a voicemail to say your daughters in the hospital." He hits call and puts the phone up to his ear. It rings and rings, but eventually Robert picks up.

"Pierre do you have any idea what time it is?" Robert says answering the phone half asleep.

"It's Maddie," he says, and your dad goes silent. "She's in the hospital right now Robert, something happened, and I tried to protect her, but she still got hurt." Pierre says and Charles puts his hand on Pierre's shoulder for support.

"Where are you? Which hospital?" Robert asks and Pierre tells him.

"I'm on my way." Your dad says and hangs up.

"Well, he's on his way, and I'm pretty sure he hates me now, because I know I sure do." Pierre says putting his head in his hands.

"Why? You didn't do this to her." Carlos says.

"I might as well have. I'm supposed to protect her, and I couldn't." He says. "I failed her."

"You did not fail her. Are you kidding me? As soon as you knew what was happening you were there. You were also ready to kill him, which would not have ended well. You did everything you could and there's video to prove that." Charles says pulling out his phone and showing him the video.

"She's got a good punch in her," Carlos says.

"Hey guys," Charlotte says poking her head out, "they have an update." Charles pats Pierre's shoulder.

"Come on, we're here for you and her no matter what." Charles says and Pierre smiles softly.

"Thanks guys." He says before standing up and heading back inside.

"Madeline Sutton?" A nurse asks.

"Yes that's us," Pierre says.

"Okay, she's upstairs in a room, I can take you to her now, but she has been sedated just to prepare you." And everyone nods.

The nurse opens the door and Pierre feels weak in his knees seeing you like that. They gather around your bed as you sleep peacefully unaware.

"Oh, Maddie I'm so sorry," Anna says seeing your hand in a splint.

"Please be okay, you need to be okay," Charlotte says softly.

The doctor comes in a few minutes later.

"Mr. Gasly, oh, and others? Family?" The doctor asks.

Anna nods. "Sisters, and our partners, all family," she says pointing at her and Charlotte. The doctor looks at them questionably but doesn't push it.

"Well Ms. Sutton sustained a mild concussion from what I'm guessing was the slap she received," pointing at a bruise on your face, "along with a boxer's fracture on her right hand, from what I'm assuming was her throwing a punch," pointing at your one hand, "and luckily, just some bruising on her other wrist, no breaks. All of her other tests came back as negative. We have her sedated just to let her body rest, but that should be wearing off in the next few hours. I can't have you all staying here overnight, so I would recommend one person stay and the rest of you go home and get some sleep. Visiting hours start at 9am." Dr. Plate says.

"So, she's going to be okay?" Pierre asks.

"We'll know more once she's awake, but all tests point to that yes." Dr. Plate says.

"Thank you doctor," Pierre says and the doctor leaves.

"I'm not leaving her," Pierre says holding your hand.

"We'll come back in the morning; do you want us to bring you anything?" Charlotte asks.

"A change of clothes would be nice," Pierre says handing Charlotte his room key.

"A change of clothes it is," Charles says. "Try to get some sleep," he says giving him a hug.

"Let me know if you need anything, anything at all." Anna says hugging Pierre as they leave for the night.

The nurse comes by with a pillow and blanket forPierre as well as a set of scrubs, "might be more comfortable to sleep in," shesays leaving them on the table. Pierre sighs and heads to the bathroom, changesinto the scrubs, grabbing the pillow and blanket laying down on the couch, eyesclosing heavily.