EPLIOUGE

5 YEARS LATER

"And that's a final P2 finish here in Abu Dhabi for Pierre Gasly behind his teammate Max Verstappen. What a way to end his career with Formula One." The announcer says.

"That's right! With 2 world championships under his belt and several constructors championships wins. Pierre Gasly will be a name to remember." Another announcer says.

"Anthoine, Elise, allons-y," you say grabbing the hands of your two children. Anthoine now 5 ½ has a strong passion for racing like his father, and your daughter Elise is now 3 who also carries a strong love for racing but is more interested in the cars themselves.

"Let's go find Auntie Kelly and your cousins," you say leading them to the podium. You pick Elise up carrying her on your hip, holding Anthoine's hand as he leads the way.

"Okay remember we need to cheer really loud when daddy comes out," you say, and they nod. You watch smiling as Charles, Pierre and Max all step out to the podium.

"Woooooo!" You cheer.

"Go Daddy!" You hear Anthoine yell and Elise just claps.

Pierre always told you he would retire after getting 2 drivers championships, one for each child, and when he did that with one year left on his contract he couldn't resist staying for the last year. Tears of happiness fall down your face as you watch the man you love collect his last trophy, and spray champagne one final time while your children cheer him on.

They missed him a lot over the years growing up, but you hoped they understood why he was gone so much and that it didn't mean he loved them any less. It's just what he had to do. Anthoine was more than happy to attend races, but Elise got bored sitting around. She would rather sit and play the mechanics. You're just happy to have the love of your life come home. Not stress about him flying into a barricade at 300km/h and dying. No, he was now coming home.

"Auntie Kelly! Penelope! Alexis!" Anthoine says tugging on your shirt and pointing.

"Let's go say hi," you say as the crowd starts to disperse.

"Auntie Kelly!" Anthoine yells as Kelly turns around.

"Hey little man, how are you?" She says teasing his hair.

"Good, Daddy got second! And now he's coming home for good!" Anthoine says proudly.

"That's right he did." Kelly says smiling.

"Well my daddy got first," Penelope says sticking her tongue out.

"P, be nice." Kelly scolds.

"Sorry mommy." Penelope says.

"How're you doing?" You ask Kelly, with Penelope being almost 7, Alexis - her and Max's other daughter being 3 – and her being nearly eight months pregnant with their third daughter, you don't know how she keeps up.

"Tired. Glad the seasons over. I need a break before this baby comes." She says rubbing her belly. "But so happy for daddy, right girls?" She says smiling down at them.

"Alright children, let's head back to the garage." You say corralling the children back to the Red Bull garage.

"See you at the Paddock Club after?" Kelly asks and you nod putting Elise down. The three of you head inside Pierre's driving room and wait for him to come back occupying their time with toys Pierre kept for them. The door slowly opens a few minutes later and Pierre steps in.

"Daddy!" Anthoine says running up and launching himself at Pierre in a hug.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Elise says running over to him as well. Pierre smiles and picks both of them up effortlessly.