CHAPTER 67

......

1 Year Later – Wedding Day

.....

You're standing at the entrance of the church with your dad, your hand on his arm when you hear the bridal processional start

"Ready kiddo?" Your dad asks you.

"Ready dad."

The doors opens and you immediately feel tears of happiness come to your eyes as you look around the room to see all of your friends and family. You start walking down the aisle with your dad slowly, taking the moment in. Anna, Charlotte, Luisa, and Carmen standing up on your side of the aisle waiting. Carlos holding Maria, Charles holding baby Jules, along with George and Lando, in the front row on your side next to your mom and Isa. Max, Kelly, Alex, his now girlfriend Lily, Yuki and the other drivers from the grid behind them. You don't have a big family, and not a lot of your friends from Canada were able to make the journey out to Monaco for the wedding, so you appreciated them sitting on your side to fill the empty gaps.

Pierre's side filled with his friends and extended family from back home. His parents standing smiling at you in the front row, Pascale wiping some tears away. Pierre's brothers standing behind Pierre. Oh, my darling Pierre. You lock eyes with him, and you swear it takes every muscle in your body not to run to him. You smile as he wipes his tears away, smiling at you. The closer you get the harder it is not to run to him and wrap your arms around him. What feels like an eternity later you reach the end of the aisle, and Pierre takes a few steps to meet you and your father. Your dad takes your hand and passes it over to Pierre's outstretched hand.

"Take care of her son," your dad whisper to Pierre.

"I will Robert," Pierre says smiling at you. Your dad takes a step back and goes to stand next to your mom and Isa, who is playing with her flower girl basket. Pierre leads you back down the aisle a few steps so the two of you are centred in front of the minister. You pass your bouquet to Anna and join hands with Pierre.

"Ladies and Gentlemen if you'd please take your seats," the minister says giving everyone a moment to settle. The minister goes on to welcome the guests and make some speech about love and commitment, but you don't really hear the words he's saying as you are too busy getting lost in Pierre's beautiful blue eyes. I can't wait to look into these eyes forever.

"Now the couple has decided to write their own vows, so I'll invite Pierre to start." You hear the minister say. Pierre let's go of your hands briefly to grab a piece of paper from the inside of his suit, before opening it up and taking one of your hands.

He takes a deep breath. "Okay I'm going to try to do this without crying, but ughhh no promises." Pierre says and everyone chuckles.

"My dearest Madeline, I remember the first time we met and thinking damn, where has Anna been hiding you all these years?" Pierre says and you laugh.