CHAPTER 33

The next day comes around and you and Pierre go and check out a few houses, all of them nice but none of them gave you butterflies like the other house did even from the outside.

Thursday comes around and you get butterflies as John pulls up to the house, Anna's friend, Denise meets you at the front gate to open it for you. She opens up the gate and you look around the driveway as John drives slowly down the driveway and pulls around the front of the house to park. John steps out and opens your door for you, and you step out looking around.

"You're lucky Anna messaged me when she did, the buyer hasn't even put it on the market yet, so you've got the inside scoop. It'll go quickly once it's up though." Denise says showing you around the front yard.

"Do you know why they're selling?" You ask.

"It's an older couple, no kids or grand- kids, looking to downsize. They're moving to Paris actually, so are looking for a quick closing." Denise says. "Shall we go inside?"

And the three of you nod. She opens the front door, and you get that butterfly feeling again. You look at Pierre who is also smiling.

"So, it's got pretty much everything on your wish list: master bedroom with his and her closets, large open concept kitchen with an island, large backyard with a patio for entertaining, pool, 4 additional rooms that can be used for office spaces or bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. The only thing I'm not too sure about it the garage space, they said 4 cars in the main garage, but then there's also a separate garage further down that I believe holds another 4 but we'll have to check it out." Denise says.

"Might just have to whittle down your car collection," Pierre says nudging you.

Denise takes you around and you fall more in love with the house the more you see. You can picture yourself in the master bedroom with Pierre, having coffee on the attached balcony in the morning, hosting parties on the patio, spending days by the pool together, maybe even one day having little Pierre's running around.

"What are we thinking so far?" Denise asks.

You want to play it cool. "It's got everything we're looking for so far, I'm just really interested in seeing the garage situation. I think that will be a big factor." You say trying not to show your excitement too much.

"Yeah I agree, I really like the kitchen space, and the backyard is just what we're looking for, but the parking will be a big factor." Pierre says.

"Well let's go check it out then," Denise says leading you to the garage. "So, it's 2 double wide bays attached to the house here. Enough for 4 cars if you need." You walk around the garage and try to picture what cars you would bring if they would fit.

"It could work, can we see the other space?" You ask. Denise nods and leads the three of you outside and down the side of the house to a matching stand-alone garage.

"So, it looks like the current owner is using this area as storage mostly, lawn mower, pool supplies etc. But it does have the 2 double bay doors, so you could in theory use this for an additional 4 car storage area. Plus, there is a loft space above this you can use for storage." Denise says.

"Can we check that part out?" John asks, and Denise leads you up the side staircase to an open loft space.

"Could use this area for tire storage." You say.

"Or a workout space, simulator room," Pierre says thinking out loud and you all head back outside.

Denise's phone starts ringing. "Sorry guys, I have to take this I'll be right back." She says stepping aside.

"So, what do you think?" Pierre asks.

"I'm trying really hard to remain open minded and consider all of the options, but I really love this house. I can picture having breakfast on the balcony, spending days by the pool, setting up an office, this place just gives me butterflies... it just feels like..." you say looking for the words.