CHAPTER 12

RACE WEEK MONACO GRAND PRIX - SUNDAY – Race Day

You feel a kiss on your cheek and begin to wake up hearing Pierre's voice. "Good morning sleepy, I'm just going for a quick run. I'll pick up some coffee and breakfast on the way back." You just nod falling back to sleep.

You wake up a couple of hours later and hear Pierre in the shower already. You hear the water turn off watching as Pierre walks out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. You bite your bottom lip enjoying the view.

"See something you like sweetheart?" Pierre asks raising an eyebrow.

"Mmmmm yes," you say softly, "definitely enjoying the view of the coffee and breakfast waiting for me." You joke. Pierre just chuckles and proceeds to get dressed. You walk over sitting down at the table where there is coffee and yogurt parfait waiting for you. You smile and watch Pierre as he gets ready for the day.

God, you really really like this man.

He finishes getting ready as you finish your breakfast.

"I'm heading off to the track now," Pierre says walking over to you. He tilts your chin up and kisses you softly. "Come and find me before the race so you can wish me luck." Pierre says winking kissing you again before heading out the door.

You take a quick shower and plan your outfit for the day.

Wear more neutral colours today so you don't get questioned as to why you're in the Alpha Tauri garage.

You put away the red and black outfit you had planned in favour of an all black off the shoulder dress. You put the finished touches on your hair and makeup and make your way down to the side door where John is waiting for you.

"Good morning Maddie,"

"Good morning John,"

"Great day for a race today," John says smiling.

"That it is John." You say smiling back. John helps you into the car and you watch out the window as the familiar scenery starts to appear.

There are a lot more cameras and people here today than the last two days, but nothing you haven't dealt with before.

"You ready?" John asks before opening his door.

"Absolutely," you say nodding. John gets out and walks around the car to open your door. He helps you out and closes the door behind you. You start walking up the lane towards the VIP entrance, people taking pictures and asking for an autograph. You stop and sign a few things along the way, take a couple pictures with people before heading into the paddock. You make your way down the paddock towards the Ferrari hospitality building to meet Anna and Charlotte. Luckily they are waiting for you when you walk in, so you don't have to look too far for them.

"Good morning," you say giving them a quick hug.

"Good morning, happy race day!" Charlotte says hugging you back.

You chuckle, "yes happy race day!"

The three of you walk around the paddock, meeting with people chatting along the way. You look at your watch, already 2pm. No wonder you're getting hungry, but you need to find Pierre first.

"Sorry ladies –" you start.

"You don't need to pull the fashion emergency card when it's just us, we know." Anna replies.

"Right. I'll be back soon. Just going to wish him good luck."

"Wish him good luck from us too!" Charlotte says. "But maybe not too much luck!" Anna adds in.