CHAPTER 18

"Hey babe, John will be at the front in 15 minutes." You say grabbing your purse.

"Okay no worries, I'm almost ready." Pierre says stepping out of the bathroom with a suit on with his collar undone the top few buttons. You unconsciously bite your bottom lip. Pierre notices, "I look that good huh?" He says.

"Let's just say if it wasn't our friends waiting for us, we wouldn't be going at all," you say winking at him.

"Hmmm I'll have to remember that for next time," Pierre says leaning over and kissing you softly.

You and Pierre head downstairs walking hand in hand through the lobby and out the front doors to where John is waiting. You see cameras flashing and John opens the door for you, you climb in followed by Pierre. John gets in the drivers seat and pulls the car away from the hotel. "Like vultures they are," John says talking about the paparazzi.

"Always looking for gossip," Pierre says in agreement.

A short drive later and you reach the restaurant, John opens the door and Pierre steps out first. You can already see the camera flashes. You take a deep breath and take Pierre's hand stepping outside the vehicle. "Pierre, Madeline! Over here!" You hear people shout and more camera flashes. You both keep your heads down and head inside the restaurant. You are escorted to a private area on the balcony where you see Carlos, Anna, Max, Daniel, Lando and Luisa already there talking.

"Ah the Alpha Tauri's have arrived," Lando says.

"Charles and Charlotte are going to be a little late," Luisa says. "They were busy celebrating and lost track of time," she says smirking suggestively.

Pierre leans over and whispers "see we would have had time." You playfully smack his shoulder.

"Pierre Gasly, we are in public."

15 minutes later you all sit down to start eating, Pierre pulls out your chair for you and tucks you in before taking his seat next to you. You had just started with some bread when Charles and Charlotte walk in hand in hand smiling.

"Oh, there you two are, we were beginning to think you weren't going to show up." Carlos says jokingly as they take their seats.

"Great now that everyone is here, 1st round?" Daniel asks and you all nod. "Luisa you're up."

Luisa orders Whiskey Sours for everyone to start and the server has them out to you in no time. Everyone raises their glasses looking to Luisa for a toast. "Here's to Family, Friends, and Formula One! Cheers!" Luisa says. You all echo, "cheers!" and take a sip. It's strong but goes down smoothly. Before long, the food is out and eaten and everyone is 3 rounds into the night.

You watch as they bring dessert around to the table, "ooooo cheese cake, my favourite." You say almost drooling as you take a bite.

"Alright, last round of the night is from Charlotte in her P6 finish in the championship," Daniel says.

Charlotte smiles. "For the last round, I thought I'd stick to a classic and leave you all wanting probably a little bit more."

Just then the server comes around with Tequila shots for everyone. Everyone raises their shot into the air.

"I just want to thank Anna, for bringing this wonderful human being into our lives," she says pointing at you, "who has quickly become one of my best friends," Charlotte says getting emotional. "So Gasly you better not fuck this up, because I'm picking her over you any day!" Charlotte says laughing and everyone laughs along with her. "Me too!" Daniel says.

"To Maddie," Charlotte says.

"To Maddie," everyone echoes and you all take your shots. You stand up and walk over to Charlotte, giving her a big hug.

"Awe me too!" Anna says jumping into the hug. Before long everyone stands up in a big group hug, even Max. The hug breaks up and you and the girls head to the balcony for some girl talk.

"So, I'm going to Milan with Pierre for the weekend to meet his family," you say sheepishly.

"What! No way!" Anna says.

"Oh, that's so exciting, his parents are going to love you!" Charlotte says.

"Are you nervous?" Luisa asks.

"Just a little," you say. "We've only really known each other a week, I feel like this is a really big step."

"Girl, you've practically been attached at the hip since you met last week," Charlotte says.

"You're basically living together too," Anna adds.

"Besides, it's not the length of the relationship that matters, it's your happiness." Luisa says comforting.

"You're right, and Pierre does make me really happy, I think I'm just over thinking it." You say smiling softly.

"Have you talked to your parents at all about it?" Anna asks.

"Yes, we actually talked to my dad this morning, and he actually didn't hate Pierre, which is surprising for my dad. He hates all my boyfriends."

"Maybe he knows Pierre is different," Luisa suggests.

"Maybe... oh but I am flying back next weekend to pick up Isa and bring her to Baku for the race. Pierre is getting both of us Alpha Tauri passes for the weekend so Isa can watch the race from his change room and then we're all flying back to Montreal before the Canadian GP so he can meet my family."

"Oh, that's so exciting! I can't wait to see her again! I feel like she was a baby the last time I saw her." Anna says smiling.

"We need to show her around Saturday during FP3 though, when it's quieter." Charlotte says.

"Oh absolutely!" Luisa says. "I love kids!"

You smile, you've really found a great group of friends in such a short amount of time. You all start talking about kids and having them one day.

"Could you imagine a little Carlos running around the track?" You ask Anna.

"Oh god, one of him is enough, I don't know if I could manage a second mini version." Anna says laughing.

"Oh, come on it would be adorable," Luisa says. "Besides, it could be a little Anna running around the track."

"Now that would be adorable!" You say. Anna thinks about it for a minute, "yeah alright that would be pretty freaking adorable. But not for a few more years."

Carlos and the other guys come out to the balcony, "what's not for a few more years?" Carlos asks, and Anna just blushes.

"Having a little Carlos or Anna running around the track," Charlotte says smiling.

"We were just laughing at how terrifying it will be to one day have mini versions of all of you running around," Luisa says pointing at the boys who just look stunned.

"Oh my god could you imagine them trying to coach go-karting though," you say laughing. "They wouldn't be able to agree on anything," all you girls start laughing.

"Well, I think that's enough drinks for you ladies tonight," Charles says taking Charlottes drink and setting it down.

"Boo you're no fun," Charlotte says pouting.

"Alright, time to get you ladies home," Lando says putting an arm around Luisa.

Pierre comes over and puts his hand on the small of your back. "Come on love, John's waiting out front."

"Okay, bye ladies! Bye guys! See you in Baku!" You say as you and Pierre head to the front door.

"Bye Maddie! See you in Baku!" Everyone echos.

You head out of the restaurant and Pierre gives you a hand into the car.

"So, you want a little Pierre or Maddie running around the track?" Pierre jokes.

"Not any time soon," you say laughing. "But maybe one day," you say smiling.

"Let's get though the next few weeks with our families first," Pierre says laughing and kisses your cheek.