CHAPTER 22

Baku Saturday Qualifying 

You wake up the next morning to Isa crawling into bed with you.

"Maddie go zoom!" she says.

"Soon! Yes! We'll go to the track," you say laughing and pulling her in for a hug.

"No now! Isa go zoom!" She says wiggling out of your hug jumping on the bed.

Definitely don't want kids for a few more years. You think to yourself laughing.

"Alright, alright I'm up," you say getting up and looking at the clock. 6:54am.

"Let's get ready and we'll grab some breakfast on the way," you say rolling over to text John.

Isa woke up ready to go this morning, are we able to leave early?

You're getting Isa ready for the day in a white shirt and blue overalls, when you hear a knock at the door. You look over sighing at Isa who's pulling all of her clothes out of the drawer.

You open the front door and see Anna standing there with a coffee in her hand.

"Oh my god, you're a god send," you say grabbing the coffee.

"Morning to you too," Anna says seeing Isa making a mess in the corner. "Rough night?"

"More like rough morning," you say.

Just then Isa sees Anna at the door. "Auntie Anna!" Isa says running over and hugging Anna's legs.

"Isa! Look how big you are!" Anna says bending down and hugging her. "How old are you now?"

"I'm three!" Isa says proudly holding up four fingers.

"That's right you are," Anna says not wanting to correct her. "How about we go find some breakfast while Maddie gets ready to go?" Anna says and Isa nods.

"Thank you," you mouth to her. You pack a bag for Isa and text Pierre.

Isa's up and ready to go this morning, just having breakfast with Anna then we'll be heading to the track for FP3.

Let me know when you're here and I'll meet you at the entrance xxx

You quickly hop in the shower and get ready for the long day ahead. You grab your Ferrari pass just in case throwing it in with Isa's stuff before closing the door behind you. You head downstairs to find Anna and Isa sitting in the café downstairs finishing some breakfast.

"Maddie go zoom now?" Isa says when she sees you excitedly.

"Yes Isa, let me just grab a muffin," you say smiling at Anna. "Do you want to come to the track with us? Johns going to be driving us over after I grab something to eat."

"No that's okay," Anna says wiping oatmeal off of Isa's cheek. "I'm going head to the track a little bit later after my meetings done," Anna says smiling at Isa. "But I'll meet you once I get there." Anna says and you smile at the interaction.

"You're really good with her you know, maybe a little Carlos won't be too bad," you say joking.

"Maybe..." Anna says still smiling at Isa. You head up to the front and grab a Blueberry muffin to go, Anna's coffee still in your hand.

"Alright ready to go lady bug?" You ask as you get back to the table holding out your hand to Isa. Isa climbs down from her chair and grabs your hand. "Yes."

"Thanks again for your help Anna, we'll see you later. Wave bye to Anna, Isa," you say and Isa waves bye to Anna.

"Bye Isa, bye Maddie," she says smiling. The two of you head off to the front where John is waiting.