CHAPTER 41

Pierre drives you to the police station in Monaco and your dad follows in his car behind you.

"I should call Charles and Carlos to apologize, they weren't expecting that." You say taking out your phone.

"I don't think any of us did, but it was bad-ass, and you're right. What happens if the same thing happens in Hungary?" Pierre says holding your hand. "I'm proud of you."

You call Charles, and he answers after a few rings.

"Hey Maddie," Charles says.

"Hey, is Carlos with you by any chance?"

"Yeah he's here." Charles says and you hear a faint, "Hi Maddie," coming from Carlos.

"I just want to apologize for what I said in the meeting earlier. Please know I wasn't talking about you guys; you are some of the best people I know." You say.

"Please don't apologize Maddie, it needed to be said." Charles says.

"We're not happy about this either. I don't think anyone else will be either after we tell them." Carlos says.

"I just keep thinking if this happens to someone else, and I did nothing to stop it then I could never forgive myself."

"You aren't on your way to kill him are you?" Charles asks.

"No, we're on our way to the police station. I'm going to press charges and hopefully get him pulled before the Hungary race." You say.

"You know it would probably help if we knew his name, and not just pictures and videos." Pierre says.

Charles pauses for a moment. "His name is Tyler Millman, I'll send you what Mattia has." Charles says.

"Thank you, I hope you guys didn't get into too much trouble." You say.

"Oh, don't worry about us, just a verbal stern warning about our behaviour in public. Which thinking about it was very misplaced." Carlos says laughing.

"Hey, I've got to go we're here. I'll keep you updated though, thank you again for everything." You say before hanging up.

"You go in, I'll park the car and meet you inside." Pierre says and you shake your head.

"We do this together remember." You say and Pierre pulls into the underground parking lot, your dad pulling in and parking beside you.

"You ready?" Your dad asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be." You say as the three of you head upstairs.

You spend the next several hours talking with a detective giving a statement and giving them the police information for the statements made in France, as well as the video and pictures that were taken that night. Pierre pulls out your dress from the hospital and hands it over to them.

"Well, this is all very compelling Ms. Sutton, I'll go through everything, compile and case and let you know where we can go from here." The detective says.

"Is there any way it will be done before this weekend? There's another race in Hungary this weekend, and I'm worried this will happen to another girl." You say.

"I will do my best to have an answer for you in the next 48 hours." The detective says.

"Thank you," you say standing up and shaking his hand. He gives you his card.

"Call me if anything changes okay?" He says and you nod as he shows the three of you out. You get to the garage and hug your dad and Pierre.

"I'm heading back to my hotel, but I'll be here until Thursday if you need anything." Your dad says before heading out.