CHAPTER 59

Jump Forward 3 months to The First Race of the New Season

......

The boys are already in Bahrain and have been for the last few weeks with pre-season testing. You, Anna, and Charlotte are flying down Friday after work to make it in time for Qualifying Saturday. You haven't seen each other a lot in the last few weeks due to work schedules, and family time, and you are really looking forward to spending time with them at the race this weekend.

You wake up to the sound of someone being sick in the plane bathroom and look around half asleep.

"Hey, you okay in there?" You ask softly knocking on the bathroom door. The door unlocks and Anna walks out wiping her mouth.

"Yeah, I think the sandwich I packed went off." She says and you grab her a bottle of water. The two of you go and sit down, the sun has coming up and you'll be landing soon.

"I'm so excited to see everyone again," you say looking out the window.

"Yeah, it's a shame with all the pre-season testing going on we couldn't all get together before hand." Anna says.

"Yeah, I wonder if Carmen is going to be at the track," you say.

"I hope so, she seemed really nice." Anna says. You had met up with her once over the winter when you were in England for work but hadn't seen her since.

"Maybe I should text her and ask her?" You say pulling out your phone.

"Won't that be weird if they've broken up though?" Anna says. "It's not like they've made it social media official yet."

"That's true," you say deleting the message you had typed out and putting your phone down.

Charlotte comes up to join you and Anna, sitting next to you.

"Are you guys okay? I heard someone throwing up earlier," Charlotte says still half asleep.

"Yeah, just a bad sandwich," Anna says looking out the window. You can tell she's lying but you don't want to push her, you know she'll tell you when she's ready. Charlotte senses it too and looks at you, you smile softly reassuring her.

"Good morning ladies," the flight attendant says walking up to you. "We're going to be landing in an hour, can I get you a coffee, tea, pastry in the meantime?"

"Coffee and pastries would be lovely," you say smiling.

"Can I actually get a ginger ale?" Anna asks the flight attendant.

"Of course, I'll be right back with that."

"Still not feeling well?" You ask Anna, and she shakes her head.

"Maybe we should go back to the hotel first, that way you can take a nap before qualifying." Charlotte says. Anna shakes her head no. "I'll be fine. Besides Carlos has the room key at the track with him, no point in getting there for the key to go back an hour later."

The flight attendant brings around coffee and pastries, setting a can of ginger ale down for Anna. You finish up your breakfast and head to the back to get changed. Charlotte follows you.

"Is Anna really okay? She looks like hell." Charlotte whispers grabbing her clothes from her bag.

"I know I feel terrible for her," you say taking out your makeup bag, "but you know Anna, she'll tell us when she's ready."

You head to the bathroom to do your makeup while Charlotte changes. You head out of the bathroom after fixing your hair and makeup and see Anna leaning over on the table head in her hands. You sit down across from her and hold her arm across the table.