CHAPTER 17

The next day you and Pierre get up early and go to the gym together before coming back to get ready for go-karting. You hop out of the shower and start scrolling through your Instagram feed, you look at the comments under your latest post. Most of them are positive and supportive of your relationship, a few people are upset but you feel overwhelmingly supported. You gained over 100k followers overnight.

You click on Pierre's profile and look at the picture the PR team posted of the two of you together, it's a black and white picture of the two of you captioned. My lucky charm 🍀 . You smile at the picture and screen shot it, setting it as your phone Lock Screen.

"What are you smiling at?" Pierre asks coming out of the bathroom, towel around his waist.

"Just the picture Charlotte took of us at Jimmy Z's the other night, the one your PR team posted, it's just really cute," you say.

"I know, it's my favourite one of us so far. I set it to my Lock Screen," Pierre says holding up his phone.

"No way, I just set it to mine too." You say walking up and kissing him.

"Oh god Daniel is right, we are love birds aren't we," Pierre says jokingly, and you laugh. "Yes but he can never know he's right," you say kissing him again.

You finish getting ready and you and Pierre make your way to the garage. Pierre opens the car door for you, and you step in. He pulls the car out of the garage and starts driving towards the karting track.

"So, who's coming anyways?" You ask.

"Ummm, Charles and Charlotte of course, Carlos and Anna, Lando and Luisa, Daniel and I think Max is coming too," Pierre says.

"Ooooo this is going to be good," you say excited.

Pierre pulls into the driving track and parks beside Charles. You look at the line of super cars parked next to each other.

Formula One boys and their cars.

Pierre takes your hand as you walk towards the entrance opening the door for you as you head inside.

"Maddie!" You hear Charlotte yell as she waves you over.

"Hey Char, hey guys!" You say looking around.

"Please tell me you aren't any good at karting, because apparently it's going to be all these formula one drivers and us," she says referring to the girls.

"I mean it's been a few years since I've been so I'm definitely rusty," you say smiling.

"Oooooo alright, a girl with some karting experience. This should be interesting." Charles says.

"What haven't you told them?" You say looking at Anna. Anna blushes. "She's a better go-karter than I ever was, she's the one you're going to have to watch out for." You say laughing,

Just then Lando and Luisa show up and join the group. Max walks up. "Alright everyone's here. Listen we've got the building and the track to ourselves until 2pm today, so let's make the most of it yeah?"

You all head in to the mandatory safety talk and get your racing gear on making your way to the track. You take a selfie with the ladies and post it to your story tagging them in it before taking a video of everyone walking towards the track.

You get to the pit lane and Daniel has a large white board set up with the different races and lap times.

"Alright guys, to keep things interesting we thought we'd do a couple different races today." Daniel says holding out a white board marker.