CHAPTER 8

RACE WEEK MONACO GRAND PRIX - FRIDAY – Practice Day

You wake up the next morning to soft kisses being placed on the top of your head. You smile and curl into Pierre's bare chest further.

"Last night was real right? I'm not just imagining this." You mumble not wanting to open your eyes in case it is a dream. Pierre chuckles. "No, definitely not a dream."

You lift your head opening your eyes and fold your hands under your chin so you can look at him. "How long do we have before we have to get up?" You ask not wanting to ever move. Pierre looks over at the clock. 6:05am. "About an hour, we need to be there for 8am."

You move your hands and put your head back onto his chest, "ugh that's so early." Pierre laughs and rubs your bare back. "You know what could help you wake up?" Pierre says suggestively, you smile as you feel him start to get excited.

"Oh yeah what's that?" You say sitting up to straddle him.

"I mean I was going to suggest coffee, but this works too." Pierre says jokingly. You playfully smack his shoulder looking offended. He wraps his arms around you pulling you close and rolls you over so he's now on top of you.

/// /// ///

"You feel ready for today?" You ask Pierre putting the finishing touches to your outfit. You're wearing a beige linen pant set with a matching tube top and blazer, pairing it with white sneakers and matching white clutch.

Pierre nods, "I feel really relaxed and focused right now." You smile knowing why.

"Do we have time to stop and grab coffee on the way?" you ask.

"Of course."

You grab your VIP pass and phone before heading downstairs to the garage. Pierre opens the door for you, and you climb into his car. He's such a gentleman.

You stop at a near by coffee shop to pick up coffee and breakfast before continuing on to the track. Pierre pulls into his driver's spot and gets out to open your door for you. You look around before stepping out.

"Don't worry babe, no camera's in the drivers lot." Pierre says re-assuringly. You smile, happy he understands.

You walk towards the Alpha Tauri garage with Pierre as he shows you around the hospitality area, and his trailer. Everywhere you go Pierre is saying hi to people, first bumping some, joking with others. He seems at home here.

"You ready for the best part?" He asks taking your hand. Your eyes light up. "The car?" Pierre nods and leads you to the garage. You walk down a long winding corridor and Pierre let's go of your hand, your heart dropping a little. He opens the door for you, and you walk into the garage. You see the car in the middle and are immediately mesmerized.

"It's still early so not everyone's here yet, but I want to introduce you to some important people on my team." Pierre says putting a hand on the small of your back leading you into the garage.

Pierre waves over to a guy with a headset on and he walks over.

"Hey Ben, this is my girlfriend Maddie. She's a friend of Anna and Carlos and is really interested in Formula One so I thought I'd give her a quick look at the car before practice today. Show her around a bit."

"Yes of course, any friend of Pierre's is a friend of mine... nice to meet you Maddie." Ben says shaking your hand.

"Ben here is my primary track engineer; he talks to me during the races giving me the stats." Pierre says. You shake Ben's hand. "Nice to meet you Ben."