CHAPTER 39

Nearly four hours later you arrive back at the Fairmont, and head upstairs to your room dying to shower. You throw your bags off to the side and head straight for the bathroom, Pierre follows you.

"Ummm what do you think you're doing Gasly?" You say stopping him.

"Going to take a shower with you," he says taking his shirt off.

"I don't need to be supervised; I can shower on my own." You say taking your shirt off.

"You were unconscious less than 24 hours ago. I'm showering with you. End of discussion." Pierre says taking off the rest of his clothes and stepping into the shower. You sigh and get undressed before stepping into the shower with him.

You step out of the shower and wrap a towel around your body, Pierre follows doing the same.

"See I told you I'd be fine," you say taking a second towel to dry your hair.

"Better safe then sorry. I'm still not convinced you won't slip into a coma and die every time you close your eyes." Pierre says.

"You're right," you say walking over and putting your arms around his neck. "I'm sorry, you can see me naked in the shower as many times as you need to until you're convinced I'll be okay on my own."

"Well in that case I may never be convinced," Pierre says smirking and leaning down to kiss you gently.

"Come on, let's go get the keys to our new home," you say smiling and heading out of the bathroom to get changed. You throw on a T shirt but look down and see the bruises on your arm and shudder, so you change into a sweater and matching pair of shorts. Pierre watches you hide your bruises and decides to match your comfy tone. He puts on a pair of joggers and t-shirt and steps out to join you.

You grab your purse. "Can we stop and get some pizza on the way? I'm starving." You ask.

"I think Anna might have some for us at the house already," Pierre says.

"Oh perfect!" You say smiling as the two of you make your way downstairs and into the car. A short drive later and John is turning down your street and you start getting those same butterfly feelings. The car pulls up to the gate and it's already open. You smile as the car pulls down the driveway parking in front of the house. You jump out and look around smiling.

"This is our home," you say running and jumping into Pierre's arms.

"Welcome home babe," Pierre says.

You head inside the front door with Pierre, John following just behind you.

"Hello?" You yell into the empty house.

"Hello neighbours!" You hear Anna say, and you head towards the kitchen.

You turn the corner and cover your mouth in shock. Anna and Carlos are there with flowers, a welcome basket full of goodies, pizza, and some sparkling water.

"Oh my god you guys this is amazing!" You say running up and hugging both Anna and Carlos.

"Welcome to the neighbour hood!" Carlos says hugging you and Pierre.

Anna hands you a bottle of Perrier. "Since you can't drink, I thought this would be the next best option." And everyone raises their bottles. "To your new home,"

"To our new home" you and Pierre say leaning over and kissing before clinking bottles together taking a sip of the sparkling water. You take a slice of pizza and Anna hands you four sets of keys to the house. You keep one, give one to Pierre, one to John, and give one back to Anna.

"Just in case of emergencies, or I lock myself out," you say. "But there's a lock smith coming tomorrow to change all the locks anyways, so it's more symbolic," you say chuckling. You finish eating and grab Anna's arm.

"Let me show you what I'm thinking for rooms," you say taking her on a tour and outlining what each room will be and your vision for the place.

"Wow, Maddie, I can't wait to see it completed. It's going to look amazing!" Anna says.

"Thanks, I hope so, I just can't wait to get started." You say smiling.

"Well, we'll leave you to it then neighbour," she says winking looking at Carlos.

"I'll be at the house all day tomorrow with movers if you want to stop by," you say.

"Absolutely!" Anna says. "I'll come over with some food."

You give her and Carlos a hug before they head off walking down the street back to their house.

"So, this is what I'm thinking for the house," you say taking Pierre and John through.

"Our bedroom, my office, upstairs."

"Guest rooms on the main floor."

"Gaming room in the basement."

"Patio furniture out here under the canopy, with string lights overhead."

"Parking wise, I was thinking we could use the secondary building for John's car when needed, and maybe our nicer cars we won't use all the time. Then keep the main garage for our more used cars. What do you think?"

"I think it's a great plan." John says.

"I love it, you've got a great vision for this place, I can't wait to put our stuff in it." Pierre says smiling.

You spend the next little bit walking around the house and property, before heading back to the hotel for the night. You crawl in bed with Pierre and cuddle up to his bare chest.

"What time is your flight tomorrow?" You ask.

"I'm not flying out tomorrow." Pierre says, and you sit up looking at him.

"What about the Hungarian GP, you need time to get ready." You say. "Pierre Gasly, I swear if you called out of this race for me I will drive you to the Hungaroring myself."

Pierre just chuckles, "I love you, but no I didn't. I'm just not flying down until Thursday night."

"What about track walk? Your preparations and meetings? Media day? You're just going to miss all that." You say still looking at him shocked.

"Yup. I'll be there for practice Friday, that's what's most important." Pierre says.

"How did you? Why?" You ask still trying to process things.

"I called Pyry, and Franz and explained what happened. They were both more than happy to give me the weekend off, but I knew you would never let me, so I said I would be there for practice onwards. Gives me a couple extra days to make sure you're okay before I have to leave." Pierre says.

You look at him still speechless.

"I can probably call them back, if you think I should stay longer." Pierre says chuckling.

"No, no, no, you need to go, and race. I've just never had anyone care for me as much as you do, and I'm still just getting used to it I guess." You say smiling curling back up on his chest.

"So, what time do you leave Thursday then?" you ask.

"6pm," Pierre says.

"It will be nice to have an extra set of hands around the next few days," you say. "You know since I'm not suppose to do anything." You say yawning.

"Mhmmm, we both know that's not happening. I'mjust going to have to keep a really close eye on you." Pierre says kissing thetop of your head and you feel your eyes start to close as you drift of tosleep.