CHAPTER 47

It's race week! You fly to Spa for the Belgium GP with Pierre and John Tuesday night to prepare for all of the press that will be there. You spend all day Wednesday in meetings at the track to prepare for the press while Pierre meets with his engineers. Sitting in the Alpha Tauri hospitality lounge with a coffee and your laptop you try to get some work done while you wait for Pierre to finish up for the day.

"Maddie!" You hear a voice say over your headphones.

You turn around and see Tina walking towards you. "Hey Tina!"

"How are you doing?" She asks.

"Oh, you know, just preparing to answer the same questions 1000 times for the press this weekend and trying not to stress about being in the Ferrari garage again." You say sighing.

"Yeah that's rough. Listen if you ever need a break from there let me know and I'll sneak you into the garage here to watch the race in the back." Tina says sitting down with you.

"Thank you, but I told Ferrari I'd work with them through this race, since I'm their guest for the season. Let the press and public see that everything is fine, and they were just some bad apples." You say.

"What are you doing for them?" Tina asks.

"Tomorrow I'm doing the track walk/tour thing with Carlos for publicity. Friday is more pit lane tours, garage tours with Charles. Quali and Race Day I'll be in the Ferrari garage watching with someone basically following me around looking for photo opportunities." You say.

"Wow that's a lot. Just make sure to catch the driver's parade Sunday before the race." Tina says.

"Of course, I don't think I'll be allowed to miss anything this weekend. Just going to be hard to sneak away to see Pierre." You say laughing.

"Ugh it's going to be so much easier next season when you don't have to worry about any of that." Tina says.

"Ugh yeah you have no idea how excited I am for that." You say smiling.

"Speak of the devil," Tina says, and you look over to see Pierre walking towards the two of you.

"Hey babe," he says kissing your cheek.

"Hey," you say softly back.

"Tina, please tell me we're done for the day so I can take my beautiful girlfriend out for dinner," Pierre says giving Tina puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry Gasly, a couple more things then you're free." Tina says apologetically.

"Alright, let's get going then," Pierre says. "I'll be back as quick as I can," he says looking at you.

"I'll be waiting," you say and kiss him quickly.

You put your headphones back in and focus on your work for a little bit when you get a text from Carlos.

Carlos: Wear something comfortable to the track tomorrow, I was just told we're going to be biking around the track.

You: Thanks for the heads up! Do you think if I told them I can't ride a bike they'd let you drive us around the track?

Carlos: No, they'd probably make us walk lol.

You: Damn, worth a shot.

"Who's got you smiling?" Pierre asks sneaking up beside you.

"Oh god," you say surprised, taking your headphones out. "You scared me, I didn't see you come out." You say leaning over and kissing him quickly. "Carlos just gave me the heads up that we're biking the track tomorrow and I asked him if he thought they would let him drive me around in a car tomorrow instead if I told them I couldn't ride a bike. He said no they'd probably make us walk."