CHAPTER 64

You head back out to the paddock and start walking towards the Alpha Tauri building. A few fans stop you along the way and ask for pictures which you happily do before making your way to Pierre's change room.

"Hey Tina," you say as you get closer to the change room seeing Tina standing outside.

"Maddie, hey, you've got a few minutes before he's got to get in the zone. Just don't keep him too long." She says.

"I'll be quick I promise," you say smiling opening the door.

"Hey babe," you say stepping inside, and you see Pierre turn around putting something into his pocket.

"Hey love," he says walking over and kissing your cheek.

"Did you get a gift basket?" You ask seeing a basket full of crackers, meats, and chocolates.

"Yeah a sponsor sent it before the race," Pierre says as you look through the basket.

"Dibs on the chocolate," you say smiling taking one of the chocolates.

"Excuse me, that's mine." Pierre says grabbing it from you.

"Oh, come on, you're on a diet, we both know you won't eat it." You say pouting.

"We'll split it after the race." Pierre says.

"Deal, but if you take too long for your interviews I'm definitely digging into it." You say kissing him quickly.

"Just don't ruin your appetite for dinner." Pierre says.

"Where are we going anyway?" You ask leaning against the couch.

"You'll see," Pierre says smirking.

"It's got to be nice, since you asked me to bring a nice dress and heels, or you're trying to throw me off with that. But then again, both of our families will be there, so who knows how that will go." You say rambling. Pierre walks over and cups your face.

"You're cute when you ramble, and I love you, but I've got a race I need to focus on." Pierre says kissing your lips softly. He still hasn't told me where we're going yet.

"Right, sorry. Pep-talk time. How are we feeling about todays race?" You ask re-focusing.

"Little worried about maintaining my position, but other than that the cars feeling good. We've got a good strategy; I think we'll do well." Pierre says.

You smile, "now that's what I like to hear. Just remember there aren't many opportunities to pass on this track. Only 2 people ahead of you. So, you just need to keep your pace up, clean start and you're set. Just remember I'll be at the end waiting for you."

Pierre nods and you put your foreheads together like you've done so many times before.

"conduisez vite, soyez en sécurité, rentrez vivant à la maison," (Drive fast, be safe, come home alive).

"toujours mon amour" (always, my love) Pierre whispers and kisses your forehead before heading out the door. On his way out the door he passes a small box to Tina. "Can you hang onto this while I'm on track? Maddie almost saw it and I don't trust her not to accidentally find it and ruin the surprise."

"Of course." Tina says smiling and putting it safely into her cross-body bag.

You sit in Pierre's drivers room, until closer to race time. You've learnt over the races it just makes your more nervous standing in the pit waiting. You have the race network on watching some of the pre-race interviews being replayed.

"How does it feel knowing the next time next year there will be a little Leclerc with you?" the reporter asks Charles.

"It feels amazing, you know I am so excited, we are both very excited and can't wait to be parents." Charles says smiling.