CHAPTER 32

"I'm getting nervous for today, what if I slip up and ruin it for Anna?" you say stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around your body.

"Don't worry you won't. You just have to keep her away from the house until 6pm today." Pierre says stepping out of the shower behind you wrapping a towel around his waist.

"Easy for you to say!" You say staring at him. "What am I supposed to say if she needs something at home?"

"Food always seems to distract women; I'd say something with food." Pierre says, and you laugh.

"I want to be offended, but you're not wrong." You say smiling.

Charlotte texts you she's on her way to pick up Anna, they'll be over in about an hour.

"Okay, Anna and Charlotte will be here in an hour. I think you should be gone before they get here that way there are as few questions as possible. You can ask John to take you to Carlos's house," you say getting dressed. It's a hot day so you decide on a casual summer dress that works for the surprise engagement party after as well.

"Nope, too obvious, try again," Pierre says. "You wear sweats when you're around them unless you're going out. Looking that nice will be too obvious."

You sigh. "Fine but I'm giving you the dress to take to Carlos's then, because I am not wearing sweats to her engagement party." You say taking the dress off and tossing it to him.

You put on a white bodysuit and linen shorts with a matching blazer. "Better?" you ask twirling.

"Are you a real estate agent?" Pierre asks. "Are you gonna be selling yourself a house?" He says laughing. "Try again love, don't overthink it." You take a breath and just grab the first things you see.

A high waisted green midi skirt and a white crop top you can pair your white sneakers with. You look at yourself in the mirror, gold necklace adding a dainty touch.

You walk around the corner and before you can say anything Pierre says, "that. That is perfect, casual, and unsuspecting," coming over to kiss you. "That necklace really does look better on you."

You smile and start to blush. Pierre finishes getting ready and texts John.

"I can't believe the next time I see you; Anna and Carlos will be engaged. It's so surreal." You say hugging him. He pulls you in tighter.

"I know. He's waited a long time for someone like her to come into his life, I think he's excited for the rest of their lives together more than anything." Pierre says smiling down at you. He kisses the top of your head.

"Okay, you should go before they get here and are suspicious." You say letting go and Pierre chuckles.

"Wow I've never seen you this nervous before, I kinda like it." He says winking at you.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I love you. Now just go will you." You say shooing him out the door.

"I love you too," Pierre says chuckling and heading out the door.

You grab your laptop and sit on the couch anxiously awaiting for Anna and Charlotte's arrival.

Before long you hear a knock at your door. You jump up and take a second composing yourself before opening the door.

"Hey guys!" You say opening the door. Wow, Pierre was right, we do dress casual when it's just us. As you see Anna still in her PJ's. Charlotte just shoots you a look, I know.

"Hey, Maddie, we brought coffee and doughnuts," Charlotte says holding the tray of coffee up.

"Oh, you're an angel," you say taking the tray from her and opening the door for them to come inside. The three of you get settled on the couches the kitchen area and you pull out your laptop.