CHAPTER 66

...........

3 Months Later – Start of Summer Break

...........

You're helping Charlotte put the finishing touches on their nursery, while Pierre and Charles continue to move boxes into their new home. They turned Charles game room into a nursery in their apartment in preparation for the baby, but after Charles spent a few too many nights up late playing video games they had an argument about the noise being too loud. They argued about it waking up the baby and eventually they gave in and started looking for a house to have more space. Luckily, Denise was able to find some great options within their budget, and they ended up buying a house just a couple streets over from your place and Anna place.

"Why won't you just get out?" Charlotte says looking at her swollen belly. She had been having light contractions all morning and being two days past her due date she's anxious to get labour over with so she could hold her little on in her arms.

"Maybe it's just too comfortable in there," you say smiling.

Charlotte starts squatting and moving around. "There how about now? Not so comfortable now are you little one?"

"What are you doing?" Charles says walking by seeing her moving around.

"I'm trying to get this damn baby out of me. I'm tired, and swollen, and I haven't seen my feet in I don't even know how long. I just want them here, in our arms at home." Charlotte says rubbing her belly.

"All in due time," Charles says rubbing her belly and kissing her cheek.

Charlottes contractions gradually get stronger throughout the day, until they are less than 10 minutes apart. Charles helps Charlotte jump into the shower quickly, while you and Pierre pack up the car with everything they'll need.

"Maybe we should consider second careers as midwifes we're getting pretty good at this," you say putting Anna's bag, Charles's bag, and the baby bag in the trunk of their car.

"Seems a lot less terrifying the second time around. By the time it's our turn we'll be pros." Pierre says smiling at you, making sure the car seat is secure.

"Still years away Gasly," you say smiling at him.

"We are getting married in a year," Pierre says walking over to you.

"That's right, a year tomorrow actually," you say smiling wrapping your arms around his neck.

"I can't wait to call you Mrs. Gasly," Pierre says leaning down to kiss you.

Just then you hear Charles screaming from inside the house. "I think it's time to go guys!" Charles screams. The two of you run inside, and see Charlotte looking calm as ever, hair dried, a subtle glow. Meanwhile Charles is running around like a mad man. Charlotte just looks over. "My water broke in the shower."

"The bags are already in the car Charles what are you looking for?" Pierre asks.

"My keys, we have to go," Charles says.

"We have them right here, no way you're driving in this condition buddy." You say holding up the keys.

"Bags, car seat, diaper bag, you're all set. Breathe Charles." Pierre says and guides him out of the house into the car. You help Charlotte out and lock up the house.

"Can we stop and get food on the way there?" Charlotte asks and Charles sends her a death stare.

"What, they don't let you eat once you get there and I'm craving a burger." Charlotte says rubbing her belly.