CHAPTER 34

You try to keep yourself busy the next morning, as you anxiously wait to leave to sign the paperwork for the house. You go to the gym, get some work done, you even think about which cars you're going to keep/sell and where you want them in the garage.

"Here eat this," Pierre says putting a sandwich in front of you.

"What –" you say looking up from your laptop.

"It's 1pm and you need to eat something before we go, you've only had coffee this morning and that's not a meal." Pierre says pushing the sandwich towards you. You pick it up smiling. "Thank you, what would I do without you." You say taking a bite.

"Probably starve to death," Pierre says chuckling. You finish eating the sandwich and the two of you head downstairs to meet John. You call your accountant in the car on the way there and confirm that the financials are in order.

"Everything will be fine," Pierre says holding your hand, and you take a breath.

"I'm still waiting for your list you know John," you say looking at him in the mirror.

"It's done, I just hate asking for things." John says.

"Send it to me, and we can go over it together on Monday if you want," you say.

"Sure thing." John says parking the car. "Just let me know when you're ready."

You head inside with Pierre and spend the next few hours going over paperwork and signing documents.

"Alright Maddie, everything is set, you officially take possession in 30 days as per the agreement. I will do a final walk through the day before to make sure everything is set. Then we can meet up the following day and I can hand you the keys officially!" Denise says excitedly.

"So, I have a house?" You ask.

"You have a house Maddie." Denise says. You jump up and hug her. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, let's get you some champagne to celebrate." Denise says stepping out of the room momentarily.

You hug Pierre, "we have a house." You say smiling up at him.

"We have a house." Pierre says smiling and leans down to kiss you.

"So, 30 days, that puts us when?" Pierre asks.

"Let's see, what's the date today," you say looking at your calendar, "it'll be the Monday after the France GP."

"That works out almost perfectly, after the Hungarian GP the following weekend it's our summer break so I'll have 3 weeks off. Can move stuff over then." Pierre says smiling.

"This is so exciting!" You say, "I can't wait to tell Anna and Carlos."

Denise comes back with three glasses of champagne.

"Here's to your new home!" She says raising her glass.

"To our new home," you and Pierre say as the three of you clink your glasses together.

The next month seems to fly by. You talk with John and get everything he needs in place. He picks out a car, and you give him a company credit card with a set limit for transportation costs, hotels, meals etc. You organize for your yacht to be chartered over from Montreal and arrange for a spot in the Monaco Marina for it to be parked. As for your cars, you decided to have your Audi R8, and Lamborghini transported over and sell the others. Work also seems to pick up as you finalize a building, and start getting office spaces set up, while also preparing for the fall launch. You feel like you don't see a lot of Pierre during that time, as he is away a lot for races, but you still make it to every race even if it is just the Sunday to cheer him on secretly from Ferrari's garage.