Chapter 27

Jin came home from the company around dinner time and went to his room straight.

The hyungs were sitting in the living room, watching tv.

The maknaes were sleeping soundly.

Everyone noticed the distant look on their eldest brother's face.

Jin climbed down the stairs after getting cleaned up.

"Hyung, please come with us", Namjoon said as the four of them went to the meeting room.

The first thing Jin asked was, "How is Aera?"

"Better hyung. She's sleeping with Tae.Her temperature reduced completely. But, she vomited once. Other than that she's fine", Hobi said.

"My poor baby. Did she bath? Or I have to wak-",Jin was cut off by Yoongi.

"Yes, hyung", he said reassuring him.

Jin nodded his head.

"Hyung", Namjoon called.

"Hmm?", Jin replied.

"Something is bothering you", Namjoon stated.

"Nothing, Namjoon-ah", Jin said waving his hand.

"Hyung, we know you. Please, tell us. What's wrong? We know being the eldest is the hardest. We are here, hyung. You have us. Trust us" Hobi said keeping a hand on Jin's shoulder.

"Its not like I don't trust you, Hoba. You are my only hope and trust. It's just that I don't want to burden you guys-", he was cut off again.

"Hyung! We are your family. How can you say such things? If this word, comes out of your mouth again, then I will take away your Mario collection. I swear", Hobi rambled.

"Okay, okay, I get it Hoba. Just leave it guys, it's nothing, really?", Jin said smiling.

"Hyung, your lips can smile, but not your eyes. I can see a whole ocean of confusion, sadness and fear. What's the actual matter hyung?", Namjoon said with determination.

The whole room fell silent.

Jin turned away from them.

He went near the window and stared into the darkness.

"Was I wrong? Did I do the wrong thing?", He mumbled.

"What are you talking about hyung?", Hobi asked confused.

"Wrong question, Hoba. It's, Who are you talking about?", Jin said as he felt his eyes water.

"Who are you talking about, hyung?", Hobi asked again.

"Aera", Jin said as he let his tears flow.

"What? How? I mean what's wrong with Aera, hyung?", Namjoon asked confused.

"Today, in our company, I saw the girl Jimin mentioned about. She's a strong girl, indeed. She knew the cruelty of the world. She knew how to survive", Jin said as his eyes didn't leave from the distant stars.

"So, What's the actual connection between this, and our Aera?", Hobi asked Jin.

"We all know very well, how innocent, fragile and pure our baby is. She didn't knew the true face of the harsh world. She is literally like a baby. How will she fit in? How will she survive? How will she manage her life? Did I do something wrong? I must have raised her into a strong girl, who knew the reality. But all I did was keeping her hidden from the world. Keeping her innocence and purity remain the same. Maybe if our parents were alive, she would have turned out to be different. Where did it go wrong? ", Jin voiced out his concerns as the never ending tears soaked his skin.

The whole room fell in silence, again.

"Hyung", Yoongi who was observing everything, stepping closer to Jin.

He held his hand and led him to the chair.

He made him sit on the chair and sat infront of him.

"Do you remember hyung? When Jungkook was seven, at the age when he should be confused about which toy to choose, at the age when he should be worried about the icecream flavours, do you remember hyung, what he was confused about? Worried about?", Yoongi questioned him.

Jin nodded his head.

"He was confused about which gun to choose. He was worried about us, Aera, getting killed", Yoongi stated.

Other three eyes watered at the memory.

"And Jimin and Tae. At the ripe age of nine, they learnt how to kill, how to escape, how to manipulate and how to survive. At the age when they should have been learning how to play new games and new stories", Yoongi stated as his hands were fisted tightly.

"Namjoon learnt how to destroy, when he should have been studying. Hobi learnt how to blow heads when he should have been blowing horns, pranking us. And you hyung, you learnt how to handle the Mafia, business and become a parent for us, when YOU should have been dating, drinking, partying, when you should have been enjoying your life carefree", Yoongi said as his eyes became red.

Everyone was listening to him silently.

He paused for long.

"We all grew up, too soon. Very soon. We had no one to rely on. We had ourselves. But Aera hyung, she has us. She has her whole childhood. She has her whole teenage. She has her whole life to learn hyung. She will learn hyung. But, not so fast. With no rush. You did the right thing, hyung. Everything turned out to be right. So what if she's innocent and naive? She has a great spirit. She will succeed in her life, hyung. We will be there to catch her, when she falls. We will be there to take the bullet, if it fires towards her. We will be there for her and she will be there for us.", Yoongi said as he patted Jin's shoulder.

Everyone was in deep thoughts.

Hobi broke it finally.

"Our parents would be proud of you, hyung", he said as he smiled.

That's the last string.

Jin pulled everyone into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry guys. I worried you-,"Jin said pulling out of the hug but was cut off, again.

"Forget your collection", Hobi said as he stormed out of the room.

Jin smiled, feeling a lot relieved.