Chapter 126

"So tell me, Nari. How's everything recently?", Choi Hana asked her friend.

They had been friends for a long time, but life had drifted them apart eventually.

They happened to meet each other recently.

They had decided to catch up on everything at a cafe on a weekend.

So, here they were enjoying the food as well as catching up.

"It was alright for me until everything changed drastically. You know, I had a stable job, good income, and a good lifestyle. Last week, my boss asked me to sleep with him. He even touched me. I resigned. I'm jobless right now. I didn't know he was that kind of person. Can you believe it, Hana? He's already married. He has two kids! Like, I don't understand anything, Hana. But I'm sure of one thing. Men are assholes. They are all the same. Every single one of them",  Nari ranted the things on her mind.

Hana caught her friend's hand.

"I'm so sorry, Nari. I know it's hard, but believe me, you'll be back on the track soon. I know these kinds of douchebags are everywhere. Don't lose hope", Hana said.

They were silent for some time.

"Maybe I can help you. You have a good profile and experience in your job. Why don't you apply for the company I'm working in?", Hana asked.

"Where are you working, Hana?", Nari asked.

"K.A & Co.", Hana said.

"Hmm. I have heard about it. So tell me, how is your work going? I hope no one troubled you. See that nothing of the same sort happened to me will happen to you", Nari said.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I won't face any issues. And Nari, apply for any company under the Kim family. I'm sure you will like it", Hana said.

"Oh, that company is under the Kim family! I heard there were seven brothers. Are they married?", Nari asked.

"No", Hana shook her head.

"Pfft! Hana, I'm not even sure. I faced so much in a company where the boss is a married man with kids. Now, you are saying that you are safe under a company under the control of seven unmarried men? Do you have any idea how vile and disgusting men can be?", Nari asked with a chuckle.

"I know you are hurt. I was hurt too. Can you believe I used to work in a club?", Hana asked.

"W-what?", Nari asked shocked.

Hana kept silent.

"Are you serious?", Nari asked.

"Yeah. Appa was on the verge of death. I needed money to save him somehow. I was desperate. I applied for every job, small or rich. Despite my profile, no one was ready to hire me. I didn't know what to do. Then I made the decision to make some quick cash for the last surgery. I needed money. That's the only thing I thought. I joined a club", Hana said.

"Uncle, is he fine now?", Nari asked.

Hana shook her head.

"He didn't make it", Hana said as her eyes teared up.

"Oh my god! Hana, I'm so sorry", Nari hugged her friend.

"It's fine. Now, I'm used to living alone", Hana said with a smile, wiping her tears, sniffling.

"I thought my life was over. I thought people would use me like a rag doll and pay me for it. It was my first day of work in that club. I don't know, I think all of my life's luck was used in that single moment. I met one of the Kim brothers . He stopped my actions and proposed a job offer. That's why I am here now, leading a perfect yet lonely lifestyle", Hana said looking at her friend.