Chapter 98

Kim Yunha had witnessed everything.

From how her husband cried, to how her sons swore their life to protect their sister.

She slipped into a deep sleep because of the drugs.

Kim Seojoon was smiling and his eyes leaked some tears occasionally.

Jin was sitting down while holding the sleeping baby.

She was so damn little.

Soon a knock was heard on the door.

Seojoon opened the door and smiled down at the young boy who had flowers in his hands.

"Suno, come in son", Seojoon said.

"Aunty's fine?", Suno asked closing the door.

"Yeah. She is sleeping", Seojoon said.

"Congratulations, boss", Suno said giving Seojoon the flowers and bowing down.

"Awhh, no need for these formalities", Seojoon said as he pulled in Suno for a hug.

"Can I meet the baby? What's her name?", Suno asked excited.

"Of course, come here", Seojoon led him to Jin.

He took the baby from his son's arms and passed her to Suno's arms.

"Kim Aera", Seojoon said.

"She is so little. Aera-shi", Suno was in awe.

Seojoon smiled and let him hold her.

Suno sat on the chair nearest to Jin, as he passed a smile to him.

Suno was looking at the baby, when Seojoon crouched down infront of him.

"Suno, I know what I am going to give you is a huge task, but accept it only if you are ready", Seojoon said with seriousness.

"I'm ready for anything, boss. Just order me", Suno said with determination.

"You already know our life is dangerous. My sons are wise and are fully capable of protecting their sister. But I want an assurance. I want my little girl to be safe and protected", Seojoon said.

"Boss, why are you talking like this? What happened?", Suno asked worried.

"Son, I am not worried about the present. I am worried about the future", Seojoon said.

"Yes boss", Suno said.

"We are her blood. One day, the outside world will know that for sure. I want you to be her shadow. You'll be there to protect her but no one can know that, not even Aera herself. Are you ready for this, son? I don't want you to feel the pressure and say yes. You can refuse. Take your time, son", Seojoon said.

"I'm ready. Order me, boss" , Suno said without a second thought.

The moment he held the baby, he knew she was precious.

"Your first priority will be her safety. Not mine. Not aunty's. Not the boys'", Seojoon said.

"Please don't let any harm near my daughter", Seojoon said with hopeful eyes.

"Yes boss. Her safety is more important than anything in my life. You gave me everything without me asking anything. Most importantly you gave me a family, boss. I'll do anything to keep this little bean safe. You have my word, boss", Suno said without blinking his eyes.