Nerves

Rory walked into the newsroom to cheers from the whole staff.

"What-?"

Rory's editor walked over to her and handed her a glass of champagne

"John, it's 9am"

"Here's to Rory!" John announced, holding up a glass of champagne "congratulations on your nomination!"

"To Rory!" The staff members echoed

"I don't know what to say..." Rory blushed "um...thank you"

"Wow!" Megan ran up to Rory as the celebration continued "a Pulitzer Prize!"

"I know" Rory exhaled

"You don't seem excited"

"I am. I definitely am" Rory said "It's just that Lena said mama this morning and I'm still thinking about that"

"Oh, that's so great"

"Yeah. Plus I won the bet, meaning I don't have to change diapers for a week"

"What?"

"Logan and I bet on if she'd say mama or dada first"

"Stupid Logan. You had a feeling, and mothers always know"

"Thank you. Anyway, so we bet that if she said dada first I'm on diaper duty for a week but if she said mama first then it's Logan who's on diaper duty for a week"

"You guys are actually adorable"

"Rory!" Someone called out from behind

"Hey, Sam!" Rory side hugged him

"Congratulations"

"Thanks" Rory brushed a hair behind her ear

"I knew it'd happen eventually. You're too good to go unnoticed"

"Thank you"

=================================

March:

Around 3am Rory sat up abruptly in bed, breathing heavily and crying softly.

"Ace?" Logan asked, still half asleep

"I'm sorry" Rory said through tears "go back to sleep"

"Hey" Logan said, softly. He sat up and wrapped his arms around Rory, who wouldn't look him in the eye "what happened?"

Rory didn't say anything

"Rory, please look at me"

Rory shook her head. Logan sighed and put his hand on the side of her head, gently holding her head against his chest and wiped her tears away. 

"What changed?" Logan asked, not really expecting Rory to answer "this seems different than all the other times. This seems...worse"

"I can't talk about it" Rory said, quietly and wiped tears from her eyes

"Yes you can" Logan said, still holding Rory "you don't have to, but you can. I'm here to listen"

"It was just...I can't even say it" Rory cried into Logan

"Ok" Logan whispered. He held Rory like that until he felt her breathing slow down. She had fallen asleep, leaning on him. He glanced over at Lena before laying Rory back down and laying down himself, still holding her.

Rory woke up a few hours later to see a tray on the bedside table with juice, water, coffee, waffles and her meds. There was also a note.