Baby Sister

July 17th- 8:36am

Logan was still sitting next to Rory in the bed, holding her hand and the doctor was standing in front of them.

"I'm about to give you a lot of information" The doctor said "and a lot of it is gonna sound scarier than it really is, so just know that she's fine and she's doing great. At 32 weeks the immune, nervous and respiratory systems are not yet fully developed. Right now she's on a little bit of oxygen to help her breathe and an IV. she's in an incubator to regulate her temperature. Her immune system is underdeveloped so only the two of you will be able to see her for the next couple of weeks, possibly longer. Overall she seems healthy and you guys have a beautiful baby girl"

"I wanna see her" Rory said, quietly

"I'll have someone bring you a wheelchair"

Rory sat in a wheelchair next to the baby, in the nicu and Logan stood next to her.

"You can reach in and touch her if you'd like" a nurse said

"How uh...how big is she?" Rory asked

The nurse checked the chart "she weighs 3 pounds 2 ounces and she's about 15 inches long"

Logan reached into the incubator and gently stroked the baby's hand with his finger

"She's so tiny" Rory whispered and reached her hand in

The states like that for a little while before a nurse came to speak to them.

"Whenever you're ready, we'd like to have to sign some forms" she said "and mom if you'd like we can set you up to hold her"

"I definitely want" Rory said

The nurse helped Rory get comfortable in a chair.
Before another nurse brought the baby over and handed her to Rory.

After getting to spend a little while with the baby they were back in Rory's hospital room.

"You need to go home" Rory said

"You're delusional if you think I'm leaving you guys" Logan said

"you need a shower, the kids need to see you, we don't have anything here, go home home, see the kids, shower, sleep"

"I'll be back in a couple of hours" Logan said and I'll bring your stuff" he kissed her quickly before leaving

=================================

"Hey!" Lorelai said when Logan walked through the front door "what's going on?"

"Where are the kids?" Logan asked, avoiding Lorelai's question

"Daniel's napping and Lena's downstairs" Lorelai said "what's going on? What are you doing here? How's Rory? How's the baby?"

"Rory's fine. The baby..." Logan hesitated for a second "was born at 6:24, this morning"

Lorelai just stared at him

"Lorelai?"

"You're messing with me, right?"

Logan pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed Lorelai a picture of the baby that he'd taken off her in the incubator.

"Wow! Um...congratulations. It's really early, though. Is she ok?"

"She's great" Logan smiled "she's like, the size of my hands, but she's great"

"Ok, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you here and not with my daughter?"

"Rory needed some stuff, I need a shower, and I wanted to see the kids"

=================================