6 years

October 28th 2014

Rory woke up to Logan gently kissing her shoulder, his arm around her waist. She turned her head to look at him

"Happy anniversary" he smiled and kissed her

"Happy anniversary"

"So..." Logan started "Honor texted me yesterday and offered to watch the kids tonight"

"Why?"

"Because she knows it's our anniversary. And if the kids have a sleepover with their cousins tonight, then maybe...we could have a sleepover"

"We have a sleepover every night. It's called being married"

"Oh, but we wouldn't be sleeping at this sleepover"

Rory laughed

"Are you awake?" Lena opened their door and poked her head in

"Come here, munchkin" Logan said and lifted Lena into the bed, putting her in between himself and Rory

"How'd you sleep, baby?" Rory asked

"Good"

"Are you hungry?"

Lena shook her head

"Lena" Logan whispered "do you wanna have a sleepover with Violet tonight?"

"Yeah!" Lena said, excitedly

Logan gave Rory a look

=================================

"Mom, you're on speaker, and the kids are in the car, so watch your mouth" Rory said when she answered the phone in the car on the way to drop the kids off at Honor's. She only lived about 30 minutes away so it wasn't too hard to drive there with the kids.

"Why on speaker?" Lorelai asked "happy anniversary, by the way"

"My phone is connected to the car for the gps" Rory explained "and thank you"

"Where are you going?"

"Lena and Daniel get to have a sleepover with their cousins, tonight" Logan said

"Ooh" lorelai teased "so you guys can have a more... adult sleepover" she snickered

Logan laughed

"Mom!"

"You're such a prude" Lorelai joked "need I remind you that you have 2 kids?...it's not like I don't know how you got them"

"New topic, please!"

"Hi Lena!" Lorelai said

"Hi Nana!"

"How are you doing?"

"We get to have a sleepover with Violet!"

"Wow! That's so fun!"

"By the way, mom. Can you watch them for a couple of days when we're in London for the Booker award ceremony?"

"Of course!"

"It's on November 8th, but there's all this stuff before. We have to leave on the 5th and we get back the 11th"

"No problem"

=================================

Later that night Logan and Rory were out to dinner in the city.

"So...we've been married for 6 years" Logan said

"Yes" Rory nodded

"In all 6 years, what was your favorite moment?" Logan asked "and it has to be something that's about us, not the kids"

"Ok..." Rory thought for a minute "this is gonna sound really weird"

"I like weird" Logan's smiled "I married you, didn't I?"

"Hey!"

"Come on. Your favorite moment?"

"Tell me yours first"

"Fine. My favorite moment was...I'm gonna cheat a little. Other than the obvious....our wedding day, the kids being born, and stuff like that, my favorite moment with you was before we got married, before we even got together, actually"

"The jump?" Rory guessed

"The jump" Logan smiled "you stood on that tower with me, knowing that what we were about to do was crazy, and you did it anyway. You trusted me to take your hand and we jumped off that tower together. And let me tell you, when we reached the ground and we were all full of adrenaline, I wanted to kiss you so bad. Hell, I probably would've if I hadn't been too scared"

Rory smiled at him

"Ok, your turn" Logan said

"You're gonna think I'm insane" Rory said

"Come on, tell me"

"Ok...The night that we were in the accident. I was...laying on a bed and you uh..." Rory started tearing up

"Hey, you don't have to-"

"It's ok" she said and wiped a tear from her eye. He took her hand "I was laying on a bed and I was alone. And you came in and you sat down next to me, and grabbed my hand, and you didn't let go. I remember you saying over and over that you were there and not going anywhere and that you loved me and that I was gonna be ok" Rory sniffled and wiped her eyes "I told you it was gonna sound insane"

"Why is that your favorite moment?"

"As terrible as it was...you were there. The whole time, you were there. You took care of me while I was recovering, even while you were still recovering, yourself. I mean, even now, almost 4 years later, you're still dealing with it. I wake you up in the middle of the night, probably like once a week, either crying or screaming. And you're still there. You sit up with me until I'm ok. I have a panic attack and you're there"

"I'll always be there"

"I know"

=================================

Rory laid with her head on Logan's shoulder and her arm across his chest. He had his arm around her and was running his fingers up and down her bare back.

"You're making me feel all tingly" Rory giggled

"Do you want me to stop?"

"I didn't say that"

"Because there are other ways I make you feel tingly"

"Oh really?"rory teased him

"Yeah"

"Like what?"

"For starters I can do this" he kissed her "and this" he kissed her neck "and this" he ran his hand up her thigh