Anniversary

October 27th 2016

"Lena needs to be picked up at 2:45 and Danny at 3" Rory explained to her mother who had come to watch the kids so she and Logan could go away for their anniversary. They left on Thursday, meaning Lorelai would have to deal with getting the kids to and from school and daycare "I made their lunches, they're in the fridge. Sophie's schedule in written out on the counter, along with the number at the vineyard and our numbers you have"

"You do realize that I've watched your kids like a million times, right?" Lorelai chuckled

"I don't care" Rory said

"Ace, you ready to go?" Logan walked past them into the kitchen

"Yeah" Rory said "the kids know that you're picking them up and Logan made dinner for them, and you if you want. It's in the fridge"

"Have fun!" Lorelai winked

"I hate when you do that" Rory scrunched her face

"I know" Lorelai smiled

=================================

Rory and Logan walked into the Huntzberger house on Martha's Vineyard to rose petals scattered all around and candles on every surface, leading to where Logan had set up blankets and pillows in front of the fireplace, which was lit.

"Logan Elias Huntzberger!" Rory scolded

"Yes?" Logan grinned

"Did we not agree to a low key, weekend getaway?"  Rory rolled her eyes "How did you do this, anyway?"

"Ace, come on. We've been together for almost 12 years. You didn't really believe I would keep it low key, did you?" He grinned "and you should also know by now that I have my ways"

She just kissed him

A couple of hours later Rory was sitting between Logan's legs, leaning back against him. They were sitting on the blankets by the fireplace. Logan was softly running his fingers back and forth between her hip and her knee.

Rory shivered

"Are you cold or did I give you the chills?" Logan asked

"I'm a little cold" Rory said

Logan reached behind him and grabbed another blanket to put over them

"That's what happens when you don't bother getting dressed" Logan chuckled

"Alright, favorite part about our marriage" Rory said "go"

"Is it bad if I say sex?" Logan joked

"Probably" Rory chuckled

"Ok, my favorite thing about being married to you is...you. Coming home to you, every night. Watching you with our kids. Falling asleep with you in my arms. You make every part of my life better"

Rory turned her head to kiss him

"How about you?" Logan asked

"I should've gone first, because it's gonna look like I stole your answer" Rory chuckled "My favorite thing about our marriage is the way I feel when I'm around you. Wether it's laying in your arms, every night, or watching you be an amazing dad to our kids. We've been together for almost 12 years and I still get the same butterflies in my stomach when I'm around you"

Logan kissed her cheek "I love you, Ace"

"I love you, too"