Scare

February 2034

Rory was sitting at the kitchen island, working when there was a knock at the door. She opened it and was surprised to see Lena standing there.

"Big problem!" Lena said and walked into the house "huge problem actually"

"Slow down" Rory said "why aren't you at work?"

"I have a problem" Lena said

"Ok...what's wrong?" Rory asked

"Who's home?" Lena asked

"Just me. Why?"

"I..." Lena hesitated for a moment "I think I might be pregnant"

"Um..." Rory said, taken aback. She took a second to collect her thoughts before responding "ok. I have a lot to say about that, but it can wait. First of all, what did the test say?"

"I didn't take one"

"So you're telling me you think you're pregnant and instead of taking a pregnancy test, your first impulse is to drive 4 hours to here?"

"I might've panicked a little"

"Can I give you a pregnancy test?" Rory asked

"Do you have one?"

"I think so" Rory said as they started to walk upstairs "if I don't I'll go get you one"

"Thank you"

"Can I ask why you think you're pregnant to begin with?" Rory asked as she looked through her bathroom drawers "here" she handed Lena a pregnancy test

"I wasn't feeling well this morning and I don't have a lot going on at work today so I took the day off. I was sitting on the couch and I decided to make coffee and I was thinking that it smelled really strong and it was kind of making nauseous. Then I remembered you telling me that coffee made you sick when you were pregnant, but I thought that there was no way. A little while after that I realized that my period is late and then I had an 'oh shit' freak out moment and came here"

Rory sighed "do you know what to do with that?"

"I think so"

Lena went into Rory and Logan's bathroom and Rory sat on the bed, waiting for her. A few minutes later Lena came out of the bathroom and put the pregnancy test on the dresser.

"How long does that take?" Lena asked

"3 minutes" Rory said

"Oh, my god! What if I'm pregnant?" Lena started freaking out "what's Oliver gonna say? We don't know what to do with a baby. And I could never look at dad again" she flopped back onto the bed "mom, what am I gonna do if I'm pregnant?"

"You know your options" Rory said "I know you know your options because I made sure you do. That decision is between you and Oliver. I can't tell you what to do"

Just then Logan walked into the room. Neither Rory or Lena had heard him come home.

"What's going on?" Logan asked, confused about why Lena was there.

Rory got up and stood in front of Logan "you need to leave"

"What?" Logan asked, confused "are you guys ok? Why is Lena here?"

"Everything's fine. Go away"

"Rory, what's going on?"

"Logan, get out!"

"Ok. Ok. I'm leaving" Logan said and went downstairs

Rory closed and locked the door and then turned around, leaning against it. A moment later the timer for the test rang.

Lena sat up and she and Rory just stared at each other for a moment.

"Are you gonna check it?" Rory asked

"I can't" Lena said "what if it's positive and I'm pregnant?"

"Then not checking it won't make you any less pregnant"

"Can you do it?" Lena asked

"You really want me to check it?" Rory raised an eyebrow

"I can't"

"Ok" Rory walked over to the dresser and picked up the test "you're not pregnant"

"Oh, thank god!" Lena let out a sigh of relief and flopped onto her back

"Lena..." Rory said

"You're mad, right?" Lena asked as she sat up

"Yeah, I'm mad" Rory scoffed "look, you're almost 23 years old and you're engaged, we're way past the point of me telling you that you shouldn't be having sex, but you need to be careful, and if you end up with a situation like this, you need to handle it like an adult"

"I know, I'm sorry, I just freaked out" Lena said

"I know that nothing is 100 percent, but I know you know how important it is to be careful because I made sure that both you and Sophie know"

"Ugh, that's my baby sister" Lena grimaced "I don't wanna think about her having sex"

"And I don't wanna think about you having sex" Rory chuckled

"I know" Lena sighed "I think I'm gonna go home. I have to talk to Oliver"

"Yes, you do"

"Thanks for your help, and I promise that I won't need you for that ever again"

"Come here" Rory walked her arms around Lena and hugged her tight "you know that I love you, right?"

"I know" Lena said "I love you too"

"And I want you to know that I would've supported you either way"

"I know"

"Ok. I'll see you later" Rory said

"Bye" Lena said and left Rory and Logan's room

"Are you ok?" Logan asked when Lena walked past him on her way out of the house

"Yeah, I just needed mom's help with something" Lena said "I have to go, but I'll see you at dinner on Friday"

"See you on Friday"

After Lena left Logan went up to the bedroom where Rory had gotten rid of the pregnancy test and was not sitting on the bed, looking at her phone.

"You wanna tell me what that was about?" Logan asked

"No" Rory said

"Ace..."

"Logan, I promise you don't wanna know"

"Is Lena ok?"

"She's fine"

"Are you ok?"

"Yes"

"Ok, good"