Prologue

Such a complex world... Such a complex existence

A world where about 80% of the population is born with some form of uncanny ability known as, "quirks". From electricity to mutants, anything is possible. Naturally, with the existence of these abilities, professions have been created revolving around them, most notably the profession of heroism. It is a hero's job to protect civilians from villains, those who choose to use their powers for evil deeds.

These heroes are naturally recognized and praised all around the world, being funded by their nation's government. While heroes are widely praised and glorified, there exists a separate group of protectors and defenders that not even governments have any knowledge of.

A group that works outside of the public eye and has continued to exist for the past 1500 years, far longer than the existence of quirks and heroes. This group isn't paid for their good deeds and don't garner any recognition as preventing mass amounts of human death is the payment.

This group is known as the Demon Slayer Corps. A group that fends off demons, a separate species that grow in power through feasting on human flesh.

While only a few people know of the existence of demons and demon slayers, the slayers continue to fight and continue to sacrifice their lives at night to create a safer world.

No matter what, they will keep on fighting until humanity prevails.