Connectedness

"Therapist's" POV:

The light, cool breeze whipped through my hair, rushing past my white robe, swirling around my body before eventually dying down.

Small wisteria leaves brushing up against my skin and clothing. The rustling in the bushes around me, the fluidity of the cool breeze, the calming sounds of animals and insects going about their every day lives.

The scurrying of rabbits and squirrels sweeping by my feet, the chirping of the birds overhead, flying in the wind.

It all felt so surreal to me, so serene to be out in the beauty of nature like this. It was very much enjoyable to walk in silence and just listen to the sounds of nature all around.

However, the one thing that was even better than making this daily walk alone was to be side-by-side with my lovely wife, Akari, like I was now. She would almost always accompany me on this trip.

A smile graced my lips as I reached my destination. I made this walk everyday. Not only was it quite calming, but it allowed me to be one with my thoughts, one with my soul.

Tree beaches and leaves brushed past our heads as we stepped into a large open area with concrete flooring, beautiful grassy hills on both sides of this area.

It wasn't exactly a completely open area however. I allowed my eyes to wander around, taking a long glance at each stone that surrounded me.

My smile softened as took notice of the large variety of flowers and plants surrounding each and every stone.

"The Graveyard of the Demon Slayer Corps," I whispered, taking in all if the mass amounts graves that surrounded me. Taking in the number of demon slayers who have given their lives for the sake of humanity. For the sake of ridding the world of demons.

Thousand upon thousands of lives lost... I will continue to pay my respects daily until I breathe my last breath.

"If only we succeeded all those years ago... it was the closest we had ever gotten," my wife, Askari said.

I nodded in solemn agreement at the statement, eyes shutting for a time in deep contemplation. "However, its best not to dwell on that. The slayers in that time did the best they could and nearly triumphed. I'm certain that this generation of demon slayers will be able to pick up where we left off all those centuries ago."

This garnered a pleasantly warm smile from Akari.

"Kagaya," Akari spoke. Getting my attention, I turned to face her.

"I've been wondering... why did you decide to be that boy's therapist?" she questioned with a slight look of confusion.

It didn't take me long to realize that she was talking about young Izuku.

"Don't get me wrong, I think what you're doing to help him is very kind, especially after what he has gone through. However, we have many therapists in the DS Corps. I'm sure one of them would've been glad to help the boy."

I nodded in understanding to her confusion. I really had forgotten to tell her about the boy...

"That boy... he is special in some way..." I began, calm smile remaining on my face.

"I feel as though this boy is an omen from the gods. I sense a great amount of potential from him, a great amount of power, despite his quirkless status. I'm not sure how he is special, but he does seem to be different in some way," I explained.

"I see... you want to find out more about the boy in order to learn what is so special about him," Akari said.

I offered a nod in response, peering over at the next section of the graveyard, containing hundreds of more graves.