The Therapist

Izuku's POV:

A felt a lump in my throat form as the door to enter my room slowly and gently open. I clenched my fists slightly, not wanting to talk about my problems with anyone.

I took a deep, heavy breath, breath involuntarily shaking from the high levels of anxiety that I was feeling right now. I watched as the new person entered my room... the person who was meant to be my new therapist.

Why did Agatsuma-Sensei and the doctor both insist I get a therapist. Even after telling them I was fine! That everything was alright... They shouldn't care... My mental state isn't important... If it was... then why hadn't I been given help a long time ago. Why hadn't I been truly cared for before?

If this was really such a big deal... then why am I the way I am...? Why have I suffered so much? Why has everyone up to this point turned away from me... why...?

I gripped onto my bed sheets. "I don't need a therapist... I'm fine!" I yelled. Of course the man only shook his head slightly, offering the most warm and calming smile I had ever seen.

It honestly threw me off guard, causing me to wince slightly at the unexpectedness of it all. I whimpered slightly, realizing that I had yelled at someone who was just here to help.

In all honesty, I'm not even sure I believe what I had said, but I'm also not sure I don't believe what I said.

I bowed my head as quickly as possible. "I'm so sorry! I-I didn't m-mean to y-yell at y-you," I quickly apologized.

The man offered a small but light-hearted chuckle in response to my apology. "Do not worry child. I didn't take offense to it," he said. I looked back up at the man, forcing out the slightest of smiles.

I squinted my eyes a little, attempting to get a better look at the man while he was walking towards my bedside.

He had alarmingly pale skin, fat to light to be healthy. He has black, shoulder-length hair.He has lavender eyes and looked to be pretty young, maybe in his early-mid twenties, possibly late twenties to early thirties.

He wore a plain black kimono which was secured by a tan-colored braided obi over a white juban. Along with this, he wore a white calf-lengthens haori with a unique design resembling flowing water.

The man obviously exuded power, responsible, and respect. I could practically sense that this man was important... He obviously wasn't just a "therapist". He was more than that.

"You are Izuku Midoriya, Yes?" he asked , sitting in a chair across from me. I nodded in response, still eyeing the man from my bed.

His smile remained ever present. "Before we start, I'd like to learn more about you," he said calmly, serenity pooling of of him as he spoke.
I tilted my head in confusion, not instantly grasping what the man had just said.

He let out a soft chuckle at my obvious confusion. "It is quite alright if you do.m not understand. Allow time to explain. I would like to learn more about your personality, your likes and dislikes, your goals and motivations. Then, we can delve into your past and why you feel the way you do," he calmly and carefully explained making slight hand gestures as he spoke.

I nodded in understanding. "Firstly, how old are you Izuku?" the man asked.

"7," I replied.

"What do you enjoy to do?"  The man asked.

I thought about it for a moment, thinking about what would I could mention that would actually sound interesting. I came up with nothing... no one would want to listen to what I like to do... but for some reason this man does... He must not know that I'm quirkless, either that or he's secretly thinking about how useless I am right now.