Dragon of Hokkaido

Izuku's POV:

"I should be nearing Giran's location..." I muttered to myself, looking around through the darkness of the night, illuminated by street lamps and moonlight.

Of course I had... stopped by a certain somewhere to collect the money Giran had asked for. Coincidentally, it was relatively close to the coordinates he had sent me, so I didn't have to travel too far to get the money before meeting up with him.

The streets were not busy at this time of night, and not many people were out walking down the streets. Those who were, were likely coming back from a long work shift. The only people who truly thrived at this time of night were criminals, vigilantes, and underground heroes.

"Over there," I thought to myself, eyes landing on a familiar figure in the middle of a dark alleyway. Creepy and suspicious in most circumstances, however, this is just how it's done in the underground society. Especially with Giran.

I leapt off the rooftop, traveling a good distance as I landed right outside of the alleyway in question.

"Giran."

The landing had already gotten the man's attention, that smug, toothy grin responding to my arrival with glee.

"Emerald! How are ya' today?" Giran was always one to attempt to steer a conversation into another direction before it even starts, however, this was too important to waste time on. Demons have been spotted near the infamous Hokkaido underground, and while not all of the members are demons, a few of them are, which could put the nearby residents in danger.

Unfortunately, no one really knows the location, nor do people know much about those who participate in fights with the fighting arena. In a sense, Giran is practically my only way of completing my mission.

I'm usually not dismissive of other's questions and talking to people like Giran does make me nervous at times, however, this situation was different, and I could not afford to waste time. I have already wasted valuable time just waiting for Giran to finally find some worthwhile information.

"Please, let's cut to the chase," I said in a relatively quiet tone of voice. I tossed Giran a black bag full of Japanese yen. 100,000 yen to be more precise. The bag came to an abrupt stop by Giran's feet.

If I hadn't seen Giran's big grins prior to today, I wouldn't have thought it physically possible for him to be grinning as wide as he did. He pulled out a cigar, carefully lighting it as he blew a puff of smoke into the air, bending down to pick the bag up.

"Perfect. You never cease to surprise me, kid. You make this line of work worthwhile," Giran said, reaching into a bag of his own, tossing a large folder towards me, a few papers failing to stay stable inside, peaking out of the folder's edges.

"That folder contains the location of the Hokkaido underground, as well as it's most well-known members," Giran said. "I don't know what you are trying to do here, kid, but be careful, alright? I don't feel like losing one of my best clients."

And with that, Giran turned away from me, walked out of the alleyway with nothing more to say, leaving a large puff of smoke behind as he removed the cigar from his mouth.

My eyes flipped from the disappearing Giran to the large folder on the floor, quickly sitting down next to it to properly search through all of the information Giran had gathered for me.

I carefully opened the folder, a flood of papers and pictures spewing out of it.

My eyes narrowed at the first picture they landed on. A medium-sized building with a similar appearance to a bar. Well... that was likely because it is a bar. A very faint silhouette of a bartender was just barely visible to me within the building in the picture. The outer walls were pitch black in color, with very little windows, only a few at the front entrance of the bar.