Focused

Izuku's POV:

I had no time. 

No time to react. 

No time to save those around me. 

No time to even realize what was happening until it was too late.

I swallowed deeply, fingers trembling slightly as I held tightly onto my katana. Fiery red and emerald green met, and I couldn't be any more caught off guard than I currently was. All of the demon slayers I was working with were all gone in an instant. 

The intense, metallic scent of blood filled my nostrils. 

"Izuku! It's so good to see you!" "I didn't expect to see you with a larger group of demon slayers. You usually tend to fight alone, and whenever you don't, it's only with a few other people by your side," the familiar voice that was my father spoke up, scales covering his limbs and imposing red eyes staring straight into my soul.

"W-wait... you...—

I shook my head, internally berating myself for stuttering in front of this scumbag. My eyes narrowed, a serious expression overtaking my inner fear and nervousness, katana raised up and pointed at the aggressor. "You... remember? You remember me?" I questioned, gaining control of my breathing patterns, fixating on using my breathing styles as resourcefully as possible.

"He's a demon... he shouldn't remember anything of his human life."

"Of course I do! How could I forget my own son? I've missed you, my b—"

I swiftly interrupted him, a new blooming anger filling up within my chest. "Cut the crap. Don't think I forgot what you did to me. What you did to mom. You'd torture us day in and day out, all because you found out about my quirklessness.  Don't try to make yourself seem like you care about me. You only care because I'm stronger now," I spat, venom laving my tone, as my grip on my katana tightened. 

He scoffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest, placing his thumb and pointer finger to his chin in faux contemplation.

"Whatever do you mean? I only did that to encourage you to become stronger, you know. I'd say it paid off. You're making me seem as though I'm a monster. I've only ever cared for your well-being, Izuku."

"I'm your father. Of course I care."

I frowned slightly, ignoring the blatant edge in his words that gave away how he truly felt. "How do you even remember me? You're a demon now. You shouldn't have any memories of your human life," I pointed out, eyes narrowing as I forced my body to stop its slight trembling.

I couldn't lose my cool or lose myself to fear. I need to stay as focused as possible throughout this fight. If I can do that, then I can win. But... he admittedly has a stronger aura around him. It feels at least twice as powerful as it was when we last fought back in Might Tower. 

Did he manage to double his power in just one month? 

How many people has he eaten since then?

"Ah! Right. Well, it would seem as though the mask I was constantly wearing, the one made by the demon king, was a way to forcibly snuff out my human memories and keep me in line. I'm not like other demons. I have the capacity and the will to break free from his control whenever I see fit. I was a threat to him and his power. But, he saw me as a useful tool. So, instead of killing me, he forced me to constantly wear that damned mask. But, when you destroyed it back at Might Tower, I began slowly recovering my human memories as well as power and abilities that were suppressed by the mask," he explained, a sadistic smile on his face as he spoke.