Trustworthy Pt. 1

Dragon's POV:

Holding my head in excruciating pain, I began to see a dark abyss. An endless void filled my vision, nothing but myself, and nothing to accompany me.

A sharp pain shot out through my skin, an increasing amount of scales forcing themselves from out underneath my flesh, breaking through the several layers of scales that were already present.

The dark void was now replaced with a dark red tint, spitting up blood as my body trembled with fear and pain.

I gritted my teeth in anger. This is the thanks I get? This is the thanks I get from this bastard? I am the only demon who survived. I am the only one who truly completed the mission.

I succeeded. My frantically moving eyes gazed up at the being responsible for this sorry state.

"What the hell happened to your mask...?" Tanjiro-Sama questioned menacingly, a dark tone in his venom-filled voice.

I narrowed my eyes, daring to raise my head to glare up at the demon king.

"That's what he is upset about...? My destroyed mask?" I thought to myself, grasping at the floor beneath me as the pain increased tenfold.

"I don't believe you realize just how important that mask was," he muttered, a sigh escaping from his mouth. "If I didn't find you useful to me, I would have ended your life as soon as you arrived here."

My eyes twitched in ever-increasing anger.

"However. I do appreciate the information from the Might Tower you've now given me. Despite Lower 2's death, I am grateful for this at least," He stated, releasing his control over my body.

I sucked in a pained gasp of air, body no longer shaking nor trembling. My anger didn't let up. However, I wasn't arrogant enough to express that anger towards the demon king.

"Don't do anything until I create a new and improved mask for you. Any disobedience or insubordination will result in death," he threatened, turning his back on me in disinterest.

I pushed myself up to my feet, gritting my teeth in pure fury, bowing reluctantly in faux subordination, only to turn away from him with an uncaring glare.

"All this punishment... over an insignificant little mask..." I thought to myself. "There's nothing important about the mask that warranted this reaction from him after learning of its destruction."

My teeth continued to grind together, walking away from the demon king, and scales on my hands grinding together as I clenched both fists tightly by my side.

"I'll show him..."

                   <•——————•>

DKT's POV:

"So it's already starting," I thought to myself, side-eyeing Dragon as he walked away with an obvious bloodlust aura surrounding him. "I was hoping it would take at least a little longer."

"I suppose not."

I glared down at the several unique folders I had been given, each one, if I am not mistaken, documenting classified information, only known to the certain government officials and well-trusted employees of Might Tower

Said employees are now dead due to the skyscraper's destruction. However, they are no longer needed. I wonder how this will affect hero society as a whole.

Of course, destroying hero society is not my goal and is nowhere near being in my current top priorities.

I steadily reached a hand down to grab one of the four folders found during the destruction, brushing my thumb against it, admiring the unusual material used to create it.